+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friendship

friendship

does telling a good friend that you have feelings for them ruin the friendship between both of you? what are your experiances with it?
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying" a very smart man

Possibly. I think a better way to go about it is to start flirting more and more and see how they respond. If they start to look/act uncomfortable, then back off and remain friends. If they respond by flirting back, continue and eventually you'll both have to sit down and talk about it. But at least then it's led up to and expected by both sides and not just a "shock" to one or the other.

Alexi

wow.. good question.. I think it depends on your friendship. If you guys are really close .. telling he/she how you feel can only make your relationship that much stronger. When your close .. you should be able to talk about that kind of stuff. I mean, a GOOD friend would be honest and tell you how they feel.

On the other hand, if you are not good friends but just hang out once a while and maybe you share some things.. I think it is better to see how you really feel.. is it worth the friendship? you have to really know that answer cause your relationship could depend on it.. hope I helpped.. GOOD LUCK!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

yes i agree with both replies. I have been in the same situation and flirting deffinatly helps!! I didnt make any moves, but it payed off because she just came up and kissed me one night. And if u are good friends with this person it deffinatly helps. I could speak to this girl so much more easily and didnt have to be shy about it. So get out there and get flirting!!

If she really is a good friend and it doesnt work out you will still be talking. Coz i am!!

hope i have contributed to ur need for help
    Hysteria

Well. When I was 17 I started dating a good friend of mine. I was on a rebound, one would say. Probably. Anyway, it didn't work out. But we're still good friends. So I think if you're good friends, even telling him/her doesn't ruin anything. It can only bring you closer together...

yep so theres the plus sides u either have a better friendship now or u will date this girl, even if u date her things will prob still turn out for the best so give it a shot!!
    Hysteria

thank you you guys have helped out
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying" a very smart man