+ Follow This Topic

Thread: telling my ex about my depression...

telling my ex about my depression...

I recently found out that I'm suffering from depression and anxiety and that I have for a long time now (for a few years). My boyfriend broke up with me because I got frustrated about some details of getting home, got in a mood and walked out on his family without saying goodbye. He also didn't like the attitude I had about not wanting advice from his mother.

I've been told by my doctor that the way I acted was probably due to the depression and my anxiety. How can I tell my boyfriend that this was the way I acted without him thinking that I'm just using it as an excuse?

I really want to get back with my boyfriend. I know it'll take time, but do you think that he'll be able to see why I acted the way I did and give me a second chance knowing that I'll change now I'm on medication?

Don't bother he'll just think it's an excuse for you to try and get him back, and the sympathy factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    Don't bother he'll just think it's an excuse for you to try and get him back, and the sympathy factor.
    I agree. After all, isn't that exactly what the point of telling him would be?

BTW - Depression and anxiety are not generally used as an excuse to mistreat people.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

depression? go to doctor and leave it, the life is only one! search another boyfriend, there are a lot of man in this world!

Can't really speak for him but have you tried taking him to your doctor? If he hears it from the doctor himself....who knows? Good Luck!
    For a complete archive of all the relationship advice I have ever given, visit: [URL="http://www.thelovecounsellor.com/"]TheLoveCounsellor.com[/URL].

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you need to tell him that you are depressed. Everyone is depressed at one point or another. For some, that means experiencing depressed feelings for years on end. Talk to your doctor about it, SSRIs work wonders.

im diagnosed as depressed and anxious as well. My boyfriend and I broke up after 2 years because he couldn't handle the fact that I was sad a lot and my attitude. When I told him, he was like, "great, so go fix yourself and get back to me". I'm not sure how your boyfriend would react but sometimes its hard for other people to deal with things like this because theyre not used to it. We got back together, but its tougher. He wont accept depression and anxiety as any excuse for my attitude, and if i tell him im feeling upset, he just tells me to take my meds.

i know you want him back now, but just be careful, it might make things tougher on the relationship and might make him not want it more.

my ex tried that on me..

but i denied...due to her depression and etc...treated me bad...so i can never

see it again..