+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused...

Confused...

I've known this guy since high school and now we're in university. I lent him a textbook for the year and recently he returned it to me. To thank me, he treated me for lunch. We don't see each other on a daily basis, so we got caught up over a chit chat. After that we went to the student lounge to play some video games to pass some time. At times, he kept moving closer, putting his arms around me and leaning on me. Usually if some of my other guy friends did this, I wouldn't mind since they have a very outgoing-type of personality and just trying to be friendly. But he's more of a shy and modest guy, which I found very unusual for him to do so. At times, he kept suggesting the idea of "spending time to think about someone." Which makes me wonder, if he has feelings for me... But I'm not entirely sure because he recently broke up with his girlfriend. I wasn't entirely sure why he broke up with her, but I thought he probably still had feelings for my best friend (they were a couple in high school). He also knows that I've had feelings for him in high school, but that didn't work out because he was dating my best friend. But now I wonder... what exactly is he thinking..?

What, he actually put his arms around you? Where are you from? is this common?
    Spammer Spanker

Mmm, I'm in Canada. At times I do think it's common among a certain type of personality to put your arms around your buddies... A way to express friendliness, like a hug or just like hanging out type of meaning. I don't really see it happening among those who are a bit more shy and "sheltered." And well... he tried to, like the typical "yawn" approach...

How would you feel about dating your friend's ex?
    Spammer Spanker

Well, I wouldn't mind dating him... but what worries me is what my friend would think of it. She's a very precious friend of mine and although, it's easy for me to read her feelings in situations - she doesn't really admit to them.

I think you should avoid getting involved with him. it will cause trouble and he's not even being very clear with you. He might just be looking to get with you temporarily.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it

If she is your best friend than I suppose you can speak openly with her, right? Ask her if it would be alright if you dated with her ex...

Also tell her what you told us... maybe she can help - he is her ex, right?

Do it in steps, talking to your best friend should be the first.