+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: big tits or not?

Tiay says:

"um. not true. meat is an inefficient and unsustainable source of nutrition on a big scale. It takes much more energy to make a pound of meat than if you were to use the same resources to grow other foods. We'd have to be growing the feed for the animals we eat on all available landmass including greenland and the sahara, etc, to give everyone a typical american meat-filled diet."

to be fair to zro, that's not what he was referring to. He meant that meat is the most convenient and efficient source of protein - NOT nutrition in general. If you really want to get technical, eggs are the best source of protein. They not only have the highest biovalue of any protein (100%) but they also contain a significant quantity of vitamins and minerals.

I didn't see how it matters what *particular* nutrition in meat he was referring to- it's still not as efficient to produce.

that's interesting, though. I love eggs. I tend only to eat one or two a week though. It'd be okay to have one a day, i'm guessing?
    Last edited by Tiay; 09-05-07 at 01:15 AM.

Zro was talking about efficient to consume. Meat requires more energy to produce, but it is also a much more concentrated source of protein. You would have to eat a lot of vegetables to equal the same amount of protein found in chicken, fish, and steak.

Regarding your question on eggs, one or two is perfectly fine. I consume 10 eggs a day - 2 whole eggs, 8 egg whites. The yolk is the part you have to eat in moderation b/c it has cholesterol. However, don't be mislead by this. It's actually the good kind of cholesterol.

Jesus christ Tiay, you really want all out on me eh? haha, thats good i like it,

neosimple explained what i mean about about effeciency and convenience, i wasnt talking about nutritional value

I cant watch those youtube videos, my computer wont let me play them, but as i live in Australia and last year there was a big scandal about the misstraetment of cattle on ships, i have seen heaps of videos about it on the news and current affair programs, i agree that it might seem cruel but my point of view is the same, whether you like it or not, the value of a cow is MUCH LESS than that of a human, before you complain about cows, complain about refugee camps or guantanomo bay prison, IMO the reason for so much of the world's **** ups is because people have their priorities all ****ed up, fix up your own race before you move onto other species... plus its alot easier to complain about something trivial like a ****ing cow or sheep rather than deal with the important issues like poverty or war

I am not going to look up the ****ing definition of "inhumane"... you are probably right about the definition, but my point of view is still the same, i agree that there might be a cruelty issue involved, but this is TRIVIAL when compared to the other problems... and not worth giving up on a vital dietary section like meats just because one company/business is ****ing up, meat is always going to be sold and produced.. by refusing to eat it, you are just doing you and your body a great disservice, dont believe me check the science, people who dont eat meat have a weaker immune system, which means you are more prone to illness

In conclusion, i do agree that unnecessary cruelty to animals is not warranted and should be punished, but it is not a serious enough issue to distract us as a people away from the more concerning HUMAN issues

You are very passionate about this Tiay, too bad its being wasted on bullshit on like this instead of areas where it can make difference to your own race

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    but this is TRIVIAL when compared to the other problems...
    this is such a whiny excuse. If your dog got his paw stuck in a bear trap or whatever, and you could try to free him or at least put him out of his misery, do you think "no, I'd better not, there are people dying in africa and all this other injustice in the world..". Will you do your bit to help those problems, and then return to your skeleton of a dog years later thinking "great! now I can deal with this in the proper hierarchy of importance!".
    Same thing with animal products. Will you save a few cents on not buying free-range eggs simply because there are greater cruelties in the world that should be solved first?

I cant watch those youtube videos, my computer wont let me play them
    short of that, visit your local slaughterhouse.
    I have.

and not worth giving up on a vital dietary section like meats just because one company/business is ****ing up, meat is always going to be sold and produced..
    "produced"? like it's a machine. people like you should have to kill all their own food. Which, btw, my family did for a long time. I grew up on a farm and my parents slaughtered the animals themselves. I knew I was eating that cute little lamb.
    I'm not some wimpy city person going "let's not eat animals.." or some shit. I'm saying we shouldn't allow a situation where animals are regularly slaughtered alive, have their windpipes cut out while still alive, and WORST of all, are not treated with respect in general. The conditions in feedlots and slaughterhouses are such that the people working there cannot justify what they do unless they make themselves believe that animals do not feel pain, are miserable creatures deserving of the treatment, etc. THAT's why there are so many occurrences of stuff like workers throwing concrete blocks onto pigs, intentionally and unnecessarily mocking them and causing severe distress, intentionally kicking blood in the face of a dying half-slaughtered cow that's flailing around, it's innards sprawled over the floor. In my mind, that is the worst, most inhumane, most utterly disgraceful thing humans have ever done, including what we've done to our own species at times. At least those incidents are regarded with the disgust and shame they deserve.

by refusing to eat it, you are just doing you and your body a great disservice,
    for the last time: I eat meat. I agree that we are omnivores. Humans are designed to eat meat. Though these days, it really is possible to be perfectly healthy without it.

In conclusion, i do agree that unnecessary cruelty to animals is not warranted and should be punished, but it is not a serious enough issue to distract us as a people away from the more concerning HUMAN issues
    You're a speciest. preventing inhumanity IS a human issue. As a race, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

You are very passionate about this Tiay, too bad its being wasted on bullshit on like this instead of areas where it can make difference to your own race
    how dare you call animal cruelty bullshit? Humans as a species are responsible for an overwhelming amount of suffering. Why do you think most regular people are strongly against animal cruelty? Because compassion is a human quality. Loosing this, even "just" for animals, is a disgrace to us. Even you should understand that.
    You know what's funny? that same argument was used as to why we shouldn't care about black people. Think of your own 'race' first. your own species, etc.

anachronistic Guest
    tiay, i still remember the gruesome pictures you posted of the cultivated animals.. i really don't want to be eating things that look like that. i'd rather they be healthy happy creatures and then slaughtered less violently.

but how the hell did a big tits topic turn into an animal one? I mean animals really don't have big ol' honkers.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    they scare me too. that'd be awesome if we had a loveforum get together
    Yeah, everyone flies into Las Vegas and we rent a suite at the Bellagio. Nobody knows each other's real names, but get a no-host bar and party....well, "party like its 1999"

O Gawd... im at work and i spent the last half hour reading this entire thread... I spend way too much time on LF...

i enjoyed the boob talk more than the meat talk... so get back to that!!!!!

obviouisly if you can save your dog from an immeadiate danger, then you should, i was talking about things that take time and money to organise, these efforts are muche better ustilised in stopping the number of atrocities around the world

I spent time on a farm too, and not only did my caretakers have to kill the cows, i had to help, so i know..... You cannot compare animal cruelty to some of the catastrophies that we have caused.... Aushwitz, something like 3 million jews put in an oven and still some people idiolise the Nazis and racism - honestly there is NO ****ing comparison, if you really think human cruelty is an important issue in todays world, the only reason i can think of is that you have had a VERY sheletered life

You are right, humans are responsible for heaps of suffering.... to HUMANS, surely you must ****ing understand this, i mean for ****'s sake, take a walk down the street and see the suffering for yourself

Tiay you are not going to change my mind and i am clearly not going to change your mind, i think its best to agree to disagree on this one

back to boobs

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know, I take pleasure in steppin' on cockroaches.

Personally I don't care if I step on a roach and throw it outside half alive to die.

One time I jumped up and slammed my boot on this one roach, and it literally made a popping sound.

I do no respect cockroaches.

hehe, thank god we don't have many roaches here. never seen one, tho i'm told they are around in some places. Only got mice, ants and woodlice to contend with in this dump...

Tiay where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    I didn't see how it matters what *particular* nutrition in meat he was referring to- it's still not as efficient to produce.

that's interesting, though. I love eggs. I tend only to eat one or two a week though. It'd be okay to have one a day, i'm guessing?
    The Heart Association allows one per day. Recent studies say that it may not be the cholesterol causing cardiovascular problems - it's the saturated fat, which is in the yolk.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Converse; I'm from Ireland

zro: 3 million jews? At least those events are condemned and treated with the disgust they deserve. And that's probably not even close to the number of chickens that have suffered and *continue* to suffer needlessly. Yes, we should be more concerned about our own species- and things with larger brains than chickens. but you talk like it'd take this giant effort. In Europe, battery cages are being phased out. it's a simple matter of changing regulations. It's not that hard.

Buying free range eggs and saving your dog are almost exactly the same thing; except one you can see, and one is out of sight.

yup, agreed. I love to get back to boobs somehow, myself..

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to have man melons from working out too much.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast