+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pregnant teens in hs and people who fail

anachronistic Guest

pregnant teens in hs and people who fail

just talked with a girl in my class that just had a baby... i'm happy that she is going to graduate... but her gpa and act scores weren't high enough to admit her into any colleges... i feel sorry for her, because she is stuck with such a shitty life and i get to go on and get a shot at my dreams...

i have also been thinking about a few kids that dropped out of high school and i wonder where they're at right now.

it sickens me.

its forsure sad but its possible after she have the kid she can go to college. Is a father part of her life. In general its hard even in your 2o's i would say to have a kid. My cousin in her mid 20's and had a kid it was hard for her.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It definitely makes things harder, but it doesn't mean its going to be that way forever.

My sister dropped out of hs because she was pregnant, and she managed to get her life together and now she's going back to school. She's only 24. She's got a lot of life ahead of her.

Besides, I know people who went to college or were total brainiacs and are now working at Starbucks, or became stay at home drugged out moms when they should've been chemical engineers (seriously).
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    just talked with a girl in my class that just had a baby... i'm happy that she is going to graduate... but her gpa and act scores weren't high enough to admit her into any colleges... i feel sorry for her, because she is stuck with such a shitty life and i get to go on and get a shot at my dreams...

i have also been thinking about a few kids that dropped out of high school and i wonder where they're at right now.

it sickens me.
    I'm not going to say no offense, because that's just stupid. They were being ****ing stupid. It doesn't take a nuclear technician to know that if someone comes in you, you're probably going to get pregnant. No one was holding a gun to their head saying "**** him or die!". It was on their own volition that they had sex and they bear the consequences, for better or worse.

I know I sound harsh and I know what people are gonna say "they're young, they make mistakes." Well, I'm 19 and I know remember very clearly what it was like for me in highschool and I had no trouble not having sex...and I'm a guy. If I can keep it in my pants, so can they. If they're old enough to drive several ton vehicles at high speeds in highly populated areas then they're damn sure old enough to know if they want to procreate.

The only people I feel sorry for are the kids who aren't likely to get the nurturing enviroment they deserve
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    I'm not going to say no offense, because that's just stupid. They were being ****ing stupid. It doesn't take a nuclear technician to know that if someone comes in you, you're probably going to get pregnant. No one was holding a gun to their head saying "**** him or die!". It was on their own volition that they had sex and they bear the consequences, for better or worse.

I know I sound harsh and I know what people are gonna say "they're young, they make mistakes." Well, I'm 19 and I know remember very clearly what it was like for me in highschool and I had no trouble not having sex...and I'm a guy. If I can keep it in my pants, so can they. If they're old enough to drive several ton vehicles at high speeds in highly populated areas then they're damn sure old enough to know if they want to procreate.

The only people I feel sorry for are the kids who aren't likely to get the nurturing enviroment they deserve
    yep, considering the fact that someone put a drug in something she was drinking and dateraped her.

i left high school without the diploma and nobody has ever asked me for it.

i'm doing just fine, so you know .
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yep, considering the fact that someone put a drug in something she was drinking and dateraped her.
    wow ... and she kept the baby??

I think that was vital information ... It's not so bad ... I'm 27 and I'm realizing that I'm still young enough to change my future ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Reality is harsh.
    My Mum had me in her early high school years.
    My dad left shortly after she told him.
    She got allot of support from her side of the family.
    My dads side wanted an abortion.
    Despite that I am here typing this ( so,guess who won ).
    She finished school & did some short courses.
    She is very successful now & has a stronger will then allot of people I've met.

To save everyone from torment ( the never - ending story ),the crux is:

There is hope.
    For anyone & any reason.You just have to find it in yourself.

P.S. My life is great and I learned from my Mum & dads mistakes.
    I don't blame my Mum for anything,but have always had a desire to do a bit of samurai limb removal to my dad.Even after I met him.

Sweet, I don't know if people have heard but there is this little thing called abortion. AND NO you are not ****ing killing anything so shut the **** up in advance you pro idiots..i mean lifers.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Sweet, I don't know if people have heard but there is this little thing called abortion. AND NO you are not ****ing killing anything so shut the **** up in advance you pro idiots..i mean lifers.
    I'm glad you mentioned it, I was gonna bring it up in my original post but I didn't feel like adding any more fuel to the potential barrage of hate.

lilwing, how come you failed to mention that she was raped? That seems like a pretty important part of the story
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

anachronistic Guest
    yea, it's not that easy. and besides, abortion is illegal in my state. i guess if she was desperate, she could do it herself in an alley or something.. or maybe do something as gruesome as kill it after birth.. that's just plain sick though.

i'm for and against abortion you know, let's not trash my thread with that. make a new thread if you want to debate abortion.

yea, it's not that easy. and besides, abortion is illegal in my state. i guess if she was desperate, she could do it herself in an alley or something.. or maybe do something as gruesome as kill it after birth.. that's just plain sick though.
    or do something normal like most people do, move to a state where it is legal then come back...not that hard to catch a flight these days you know.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

anachronistic Guest
    or do something normal like most people do, move to a state where it is legal then come back...not that hard to catch a flight these days you know.
    WWOVD?

what would only virgins do?

i'm not sure. if i was in the situation, i would probably have the baby unless the baby OR the mother's life was in danger. why? because i value life that much.

what did she do? she did the most responsible thing; she had the baby. she is going to nurture it, even though she was raped.

Some people start from less than zero. Their parents set them up to fail and they're too young and inexperienced to make the right choices. You get religion involved, and some kids just have no chance.

Think about two kids coming from crappy families, convinced that only each other cares about them, not using birth control because they're afraid of getting busted for having sex or because they never actually intended on going "all the way". This wonderful thing that feels like the best thing that ever happened to them gets them in more trouble than they can possibly imagine because for "moral" reasons they were not taught to be sexually responsible.

Do you guys think it is moral to tell kids to just abstain? Lil'wing, do they even have sex ed in South Dakota? And do you happen to know what your dropout rate is?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congress recently received the conclusion of like a 10 year study that showed that abstinence programs in schools did absolutely nothing to affect the numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast