+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you forgive your bf if he hit you?

Would you forgive your bf if he hit you?

I know most people think that there is no excuse for violence, but if your bf hits you when he was just really drunk and he was really sorry later, then its ok to forgive him right? Everyone deserves a second chance right? and if you really love the guy then you have to forgive him. people make mistakes right?

I am a guy and not gay , so i dont have a boyfriend, but there is NO CIRCUMSTANCE that would make this alright, i dont give a **** how drunk or sorry he is, no way should a male hit a female, it is highly disrespectful and shows how much of a pussy he really is, if your boyfriend wants to hit someone, tell him to find someone his own size, ****ing bitch

if anything this is a sign of things to come, there is no doubt in my mind that he is a ****ing bitch and has no ****ing spine either so he will continue to hit you, but if you forgive him then you are a pathetic and a dumb bitch as well, up to you... and i think you know what you have to do anyway

hi shakey
    I believe you should give people second chances as a general rule, but not in such a case.

If he gets so drunk he gets violent and loses control than he should not get drunk in the first place if he'd care for you and for himself as well. I think you should advise him to go to get his drinking problem sorted and you should leave him as what tells you he wont do it again! And you probably dont want to go out with someone you're afraid of. you guys are not married and dont have kids so just go away from him before it starts being too complicated to part!

Ask yourself if you would be feeling protected going out with him, and safe.. I dont think so, i guess everytime he's out with his mates you'd be worrying he may come home too drunk and beat you up again, and you dont deserve to live with that fear do you?

There is no excuse for him hitting you. Being drunk is not a valid excuse. I believe that people are still aware of whats going on and what they are doing when they are drunk, so I think he knew he hit you.

You deserve better, this is a sign of things to come. If he has the balls to do it once, he will do it again, maybe he will be a lil less drunk next time, and the time after that he may not be drunk at all. Dont put you self in that prediciment, get out befor it gets bad
    Theres a point in your life
    When you get tired of chaseing
    everyone and trying to fix everything
    Buts its not giving up...
    Its realizing that you dont need
    Certain people, the bullshit
    And the drama they bring

i would forgive him after i beat the living shit out of him.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Whether or not he was completely aware of his actions, using intoxication as an example, doesn't matter. It shows that under such circumstances, he has the tendency to get violent, and therefore has a problem.

No one hits me. Don't give a **** who you are, how long I've known you, how drunk or out of sorts - if you hit me, you're gone, both from my life and TO the emergency room.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Funny how you can't use alcohol for being violent but you can use it as an excuse for date rape. No excuses for someone being drunk or not, cheating on me is cheating on me sober or not....so that brings it to this issue....drunk or not he still hit you...not forgivable...the only thing you can use alcohol as an excuse for it maybe not doing your homework....but even then you get a great big F.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 05-05-07 at 12:51 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Mrs bubbles, how does hitting a female proves he has balls? if anything it proves he is severly lacking in that department

shakey i hope you have come to your senses and stopped making execuses for him, **** him, move one

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bubbles View Post
    believe that people are still aware of whats going on and what they are doing when they are drunk
    OMG! someone who knows the truth also!...alcohol as an excuse has been a sham for a long time for man to hit women and women to **** who ever they want because "alcohol did it" *rolls eyes*

sometimes people can black out when their drunk....i've only gotten drunk once in my life, but i got shitfaced drunk. I had like 15 shots of 15 different liquors, a couple beers, i was in the 8th grade or so. I remember a little bit, i vomitted a couple times in my friends toilet, the first time he cleaned it up and the 2nd time he was like **** that, you clean it up.

Shortly after that I kinda blacked out and later he told me a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't remember happening at all. I was like insanely drunk tho. Apparently i'm not a violent drunk, I'm just a very wobbly and sick one.

Forgive him if you want to, i think u should tell him not to be drunk around you ever again though. Was there a reason why he hit you, did you provoke him in some way. Or was it just out of the blue, did he punch you in the face or did he jokingly jab you in the arm like he would a guy friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    sometimes people can black out when their drunk....
    during black outs you are blacked out....duh...as in not conscious and laying on the floor or couch...not hitting people.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Think your right on this one. though I don't think he's going to make i easy for me to leave him. i'm kinda scared of telling him actually. i know i said he was very sorry and he is, but he still makes me kinda nervous. also he'll still be around so will stll have to see him everyday. don't want him to hate me because of this but hes not easy to reason with. hes not a bad guy hes just got some problems right now. wish i could help him but you guys are right i need to protect myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey View Post

Think your right on this one. though I don't think he's going to make i easy for me to leave him. i'm kinda scared of telling him actually. i know i said he was very sorry and he is, but he still makes me kinda nervous. also he'll still be around so will stll have to see him everyday. don't want him to hate me because of this but hes not easy to reason with. hes not a bad guy hes just got some problems right now. wish i could help him but you guys are right i need to protect myself too.
    Try and get other people with you when you tell him off.

Just for the record OV - "blacking out" doesn't necessarily mean PASSING out. I've had a couple situations where I blacked out, as in, I was awake and functioning but I didn't remember anything after the first few drinks. The first time that happened, I helped my friend back to her room (in a taxi) and woke up on her bed, but no way could I have told you that the next morning.

That said, if someone is in a situation where they become violent when drunk, the problem is the drinking - it needs to be stopped, and it is the danger in the situation. Drinking can never be used as an excuse and especially not as some sort of redeeming factor.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey View Post

**Sigh** That's what all the victims of domestic violence say. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast