+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: when on a dinner date should the man order for the woman

Usually is the man who does the order, but before there's a quick chat between the couple, so they can decide what they will have. for example when me and my girlfriend going out, usually we already know what we're going to eat.

reading the answers above seems that you question is if the man shoud order for the woman without consulting her or listening her opinion, having some macho man attitude: "eat that and shut the f$ck up otherwise...."

Women also have hands, but it's very pleasant if men open their car doors for them.

I always feel embaressed eating infront of the person on dates, anyone else like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    Vash- I wouldn't want some one to order for me I have a mind of my own and certainly would want to pay half the bill.
    It must be generational, then. If a man asked me out to dinner, he'd better plan on paying if he wanted to see me again. On the other hand, if I asked *him* to do something, I would expect to pay. When you invite someone out, I think it is simply good manners to cover the expense, and obviously, you should only invite people to do things you can afford to do.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah I deffo think it's a generational thing alot of people I know are like me. I mean it's only polite to pay half.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't ever let a girl pay half. Either I pay for the both of us or we have a problem. I wouldn't take a girl out for a second date if she insisted on paying half.

If a guy pays for everything it feels like being bought.

I hate going out to restaurants. Especially if its expensive. But if I do have to go out to one, and most of the meals are expensive, I definitely what to pick what I'm eating myself so I can pick the cheapest meal going. Also think I'd be happier paying, but even if someone else was paying I'd still go for the cheapest option.

But for me the best dinner date would just be a meal at home. What’s the point in spending 10 times what you would on a meal you could just as easily cook up in the microwave or oven at home? Ok sure it wouldn't taste as good, but would be almost as good, and you get to watch TV while you're eating it too! So its got double benefits.

The point of a date is to have some fun and get to know each other right? So it shouldn't matter where you are or how much it costs. If you spend time together talking, sharing stories, swapping jokes and insights, then the result should be the same.

I like Love Twists idea of a date!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a guy pays for everything it feels like being bought.

I definitely don't feel like I am being bought. I feel like he is generous and wants to treat me to dinner. It's only dinner, for crying out loud.

Maybe this has to do with personal income. To me, the price of dinner isn't significant, but for a young girl like you, perhaps it is, which is why you attach more meaning to it than I do.

PS - I think Gribble would make a good date. You should try chatting him up. He will treat you like a woman for an evening. Just don't expect him to be around the next day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Lol. Nah nothing to do with income, I just like being independant and paying for myself. I let my other half pay for stuff some times but that's only because I've know her for a while now, I just don't like random's paying for dinner on dates lol.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not buying you. It's an exchange. I provide food, you provide the company of a lovely woman.

Personally, I think the females get the short end of the stick on that one.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gribble - I wish I could keep you for myself, you smooth talker, you...

I like Love Twists idea of a date!
    Thanks

Yeah, I don't think you need to go out to an expensive restaurant for your first date. Why spend the whole evening worrying if you're going to accidentally spill something down your top, eat chips with your fingers when you're not supposed to, and fretting about how much its all going to cost and who's going to pay?

Also I agree with you on the paying for dinner thing converse. If someone paid for an expensive meal for me, it would make me feel weird too. I'd feel like I owed them something and that would prey on my mind. But maybe that’s just me.

Exactly!!! You must be a Brit too!

gerbil is such a good boy.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast