+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when your ex boyfriend starts dating one of your closest friends..

when your ex boyfriend starts dating one of your closest friends..

Hi all.
    I am completely distraught, yestarday my ex boyfriend told me he's seeing someone. I dont care he is to be honest, its his right to do so as I've broken up with him few weeks ago as he's been a bastard for very long time and couldnt take any more shite from him (awkward situation, we are at uni together, this is our final year, final exams time in the next 3 weeks, and we have to live together until the end of June).
    So the problem is that he is seeing one of my best girlfriends, or anyway I thought she was. I am not jealous of them or anything. I think I know who the one person I'd love to be is my bestest friend, he agrees with me, but we are in different countries so its hard.
    problem its just that me and my ex share our circle of friends. I am foreign, I just have friends in my course at uni mainly, whether he got plenty of people to go out with but he's been jsut seeing our common friends all the time leaving no room for me to have a social life. I told him how that made me feel but he didn't do anything about it, as expected. Now it pops up he's seeing my friend and I am really upset, very disappointed with her, I just dont get how one day she could be so supportive and say he's been treating you so badly etc and then just start going out with him after this short lapse of time. Basically now I feel like I am completely cut out from my social circle. I know some people will take my side as one guy (who has to work with my ex, and previously asked my friend out months ago) and a girl already did last night. I know I havent done anything bad in this or anything to deserve this, especially the day before the start of final exams but hell I really feel shit.
    if anyone have been in a similar kind of situation, or feels for it, give me some support. I dont really know what to do just really concentrate on the uni work and try avoid them or what.
    thanks for reading!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow - that is really messed up, especially right at finals. If I were you, I wouldn't consider this girl your friend anymore. You need to go get yourself a new social circle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

thanks Vashti.
    I know its really really messed up.
    As for the social circle, i dont really care about some of the people in it,but there's about 3 friends i care about (that havent pulled out the group )and they offered some help, but despite being supporting me they're still their mates too. Some other people have dismissed them. creating anew social circle is not that easy. It takes so long to make friends in bloody London its crazy.
    and yes obviously shes not my friend anymore after this.i dont even want to see her near me, im so disappointed im just gonna act like shes an invisible piece of shit.

I'll see how it goes try to get absorbed into work but im gonna have to see them every bloody day while we setting up our degree show.

You're on the right track.

Sorry for the loss of your friend though. Sounds like she doesn't deserve friendship anyways.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

If he's been a bastard to you, she probably knows about it and is dating him anyway. She must be an idiot.

How convenient- you get rid of a bad boyfriend and a bad friend at the same time.

They sound like they deserve each other.
    Spammer Spanker

yeah most definately she knows and she was even backing me up on saying how badly he treated me. But brains are not for everyone.. I am just ignoring her at the moment she didnt have the gutts to come and speak to me which im quite pleased of.apparently they've been going out for more than a week now, she didnt lose time as as she was backing up my thesis of hes a bastard she started seeing him.
    So its a loss but its a good thing this happened and I found out what she is really like. I'll be okay. I am finding some good support here and there so I think I'll be fine, its only 2 weeks to the degree show so i wont have to see her again after that, as ive forbidden her access to my flat.
    thanks guys for the moral support.

Yuck!

What a gross thing to do!

Karma -

Karma is right.. it all comes around
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura