+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First Birth Control

First Birth Control

So my girlfriend got birth control today, it is some sort of 0 ring. Or it looks like a plasic O. She said it works one week after she inserts it into her vagina. Anything anybody knows about it would be outstanding!
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds to me like the "trick your boyfriend into getting you pregnant" ring.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yup. She wants you to make babies in her so she can marry you and then gain 80 pounds and leech off you until you finally roll over and die.

Brings new meaning to lord of the rings.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe the ring causes her vaginal lips to fuse together?

but in all seriousness....I saw this on some weird TV commercial and I really doubted its....effincienty. It seems legit now that I looked into it though...stilll kinda wierd though.

TAKEN STRIAGHT FROM THE WEB SITE:

NuvaRing® contains two types of hormones, estrogen and progestin (just like the pill), that prevent your ovaries from producing mature eggs. NuvaRing® provides benefits similar to oral contraceptives, but without the daily pill-taking routine.

The hormone release is activated by contact with the vagina. The walls of your vagina absorb the hormones and distribute them into your bloodstream. Because of this method of administration you get 99% effectiveness2,3 (when used as directed) with a low dose of hormones
    [URL="http://www.pb-addict.com"]
    [/URL]
    I make House music. Visit my page at [URL="http://www.myspace.com/djtechnologic"]myspace[/URL]!
    Someone please write exploit code that will punch a remote user in the head over the internet, for asking a stupid question...I'll give you beer.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should be wearing a condom in addition to her using the ring. It will help reduce any pregnancy fears you may have, and more importantly, protect you against STDs.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You need a prescription for this?

Be careful of whiplash!

Even if she uses "the pill",these type of drugs have a huge affect on your girlfriends overall mood, sensitivity & behavior.The drugs fool her body into believing it is in 3'rd month labor.So be aware that she might be more emotional & illogical then usual.The mood swings of a pregnant women can kill...

Otherwise use a condom!
    Love...The anti-drug.

Get addicted now,because an overdose on love is perfectly legal!

Hmmm. I disagree. This thing regulates hormones. The thing to fear is hormone fluctuation (and fear it, you should).

She should concern herself with possible weight gain (minor) and huge risks if she smokes. I'm assuming she doesn't, because you seem like such a clean-cut poster, gen, but if she does you should try to get her to quit.
    Spammer Spanker

Whilst we are talking about birth control,I thought this would be appropriate:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwKbUVyHLY[/url]

Saves allot of time & allot of lives...
    Love...The anti-drug.

Get addicted now,because an overdose on love is perfectly legal!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Decreased libido is a BIG problem for a lot of women taking synthetic hormones.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Decreased sex drive is a pretty good contraceptive XD
    [URL="http://www.pb-addict.com"]
    [/URL]
    I make House music. Visit my page at [URL="http://www.myspace.com/djtechnologic"]myspace[/URL]!
    Someone please write exploit code that will punch a remote user in the head over the internet, for asking a stupid question...I'll give you beer.

Thanks everyone, No, trust me, she doesn't want to get pregnant. I still plan on using a condom. I just wanted to see what it was, that's all.
    "When I am Emperor of the world, I will crush you, your family, your friends and everything you like."

me

yeah, I actually wanted to get this at first because I didn't think I could remember to take the pill. It has the same hormones it is just absorbed gradually, like the patch I guess.
    btw, yes, the pill has made me constantly more bitchy and emotionally sensitive. Watch out. nobody is affected in the same way though, some women have positive results, while some really go crazy on certain hormonal BC brands. Since the NuvaRing is low dose though, that should be less likely.