+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do woman take so long

Why do woman take so long

in the damn store.why can't they go in get what they need and come on out of there?don't let em go in by they self lol.

Oh for Gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

anachronistic Guest
    hell, i don't always get what i need and leave, when i go to a store i like to look around because i don't get many chances to shop.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know exactly what I want, how much it costs, and where it is all before I step out the front door.

Women shoppers drive me insane.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I know exactly what I want, how much it costs, and where it is all before I step out the front door.

Women shoppers drive me insane.
    well how do you find out what it costs and shit? yea, you look it all up. you are shopping before you leave to shop. not everyone does this.

Because I'm impatient I try and get what I want from the first shop. Like Gribble I usually know what I want and how much it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

I don't care how long they take, as long as they are not holding my credit card while they do it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Here's a better question - "Why the hell is this thread in the 'Intimate Forum'??

Ok... well now that’s out the way... I'd say that generally, (really over generalising here...) woman shop in a fundamentally different way to men.

* Men come from an evolutionary back ground of hunters. Originally men were the hunters that needed lightening quick reactions to stab their pray and haul it home. So today most men usually shop in a similar fashion, ie- They see what they want, they grab it off the shelf and they buy it.

* However, women came from an evolutionary back ground of gatherers. Originally women were the gatherers in early human societies that needed to spend time carefully browsing forest fruits and the like to ensure they picked the most energy rich and least harmful berries. So today most women shop in a similar fashion, ie- they browse the shelves carefully looking for the best purchase.

Also its true most women are a lot more hung up on fashion and their looks generally.. so as a result will spend a lot longer trying to find that perfect outfit that will make them look both stunningly attractive to the opposite sex and/or socially-ept and successful. Or something along those lines.
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveTwist View Post
    Here's a better question - "Why the hell is this thread in the 'Intimate Forum'??

Ok... well now that’s out the way... I'd say that generally, (really over generalising here...) woman shop in a fundamentally different way to men.

* Men come from an evolutionary back ground of hunters. Originally men were the hunters that needed lightening quick reactions to stab their pray and haul it home. So today most men usually shop in a similar fashion, ie- They see what they want, they grab it off the shelf and they buy it.

* However, women came from an evolutionary back ground of gatherers. Originally women were the gatherers in early human societies that needed to spend time carefully browsing forest fruits and the like to ensure they picked the most energy rich and least harmful berries. So today most women shop in a similar fashion, ie- they browse the shelves carefully looking for the best purchase.

Also its true most women are a lot more hung up on fashion and their looks generally.. so as a result will spend a lot longer trying to find that perfect outfit that will make them look both stunningly attractive to the opposite sex and/or socially-ept and successful. Or something along those lines.
    You have got to be kidding me, all that BS analyzing just for the idea that women take longer to shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    You have got to be kidding me, all that BS analyzing just for the idea that women take longer to shop?
    THANK YOU!!!

I'm so glad someone agrees with me!! I couldn't believe it either!! I was watching the TV show about Christmas shopping and why women take so long and men tend to go out the night before X-mas to buy stuff..

Completely OTT!! But some people actually have University degrees in thins like that.. Can you believe that???? The world is one crazy ass place... without a doubt..
    "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

I love evolutionary reasons

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Self-fulfilled prophecy.

If we conditioned women to shop like* men and men to shop like women, such silly evolutionary explanations would go out the window.

Or they would create new ones.
    Last edited by Junket; 22-05-07 at 06:39 AM.

true, it does sound like a long stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Self-fulfilled prophecy.

If we conditioned women to shop men and men to shop like women, such silly evolutionary explanations would go out the window.

Or they would create new ones.
    Yeap. Evolution can't explain most of the things that go on in society today because we didn't evolve to shop. Think these people that sit around analysing human behaviour all day, really need to try actually experiencing human behaviour for themselve a little more.
    -Rule of Acquisition 76.

I think that during cavemen years women shopped in caves called Guess and GAP for men....so they are my likely to be conditioned to continue shopping ...while we hunted...so we go to the food courts and stuff our faces.

LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast