+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiay in NY

Tiay in NY

I figured I'd start a thread to put my summer updates in.
    (For those who haven't heard, i'm spending the summer in NYC)

update #1, I guess;

to recap:
    A few months ago I was innocently walked past a giant poster that had a photo of the statue of liberty on it and "WORK IN THE STATES! BOOK BEFORE THE 11TH AND GET €100 OFF" or something to that effect that on it. And I thought.. why the heck not?
    I asked my SO and he said I could stay with him, provided he had found an apartment by then (which he has).

I proceeded to bury myself in heaps of forms. Jesus Christ, going to the states is as complicated as visiting soviet Berlin from the west.. which is what my dad said, who did actually live in west Berlin at the time. You guys have more bureaucracy than Italy and Belgium combined. I have THREE different pieces of paper glued, stapled and stuck into my passport, thank you very much homeland security.
    Anyway. I also got insurance, flights, international student card, another form to fill out when I get there, etc.

Then, with the whole thing drawing nearer, the bf changed his mind. Said it was too sudden. gah. two weeks of arguing and shredding myself to pieces with end-of-college-year-stress ensued. (oh yeah, did I mention I finished second year? two down, two to go)
    Well, ok, fair enough, he's not ready for living together for a few months... so I found a sublet to live in- a really good place, too. This is going to be really interesting.. He said he'll drop by after work the day I arrive (this Tuesday!) I'm not really looking for advice, just figured I'll keep you up to date.

I'm super excited 'bout the whole thing! Just started packing... 4 days to go! I can't help but think that as I lie here in my pyjamas with my laptop, that I am completely and utterly unprepared for what is to come. Guess that's why i'm doing it

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Will you be updating us from NY or will we have to wait until you go back to Ireland? Also, how long will you be in the States? Are you going anywere besides NY?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was hoping for pictures
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Will you be updating us from NY or will we have to wait until you go back to Ireland? Also, how long will you be in the States? Are you going anywere besides NY?
    Oh, I think at this stage I'd shrivel and die without an internet connection, so I will be around in the summer, though probably not as much.

I'll be there till the 30th august

and I dunno about where I might go yet.. how easy/costly/fast is travel within the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I was hoping for pictures
    fat chance

.. then again..

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let me get this straight... your boyfriend doesn't want you spending a couple months with him in his apartment. Is this man gay???

heh no, he's totally commitment phobic- certain people believe this to be "psycho babble" (sp?), but it's a pattern that's clearly noticeable, and it isn't just me; first he decides to do something, then he changes his mind. He does it with a lot of things. Often he changes it back, too. Not sure what I'd do then.. I do want live with him for the summer.. but at the same time I don't want to be tailoring my life around his changes of mind.

He sounds selfish, I think it's totally unfair that he wont let you stay with him for a while, while you're going to a country on your own. :/ Sounds like he wants it his way or the high way. Is he gonna send you back to your hotel after having sex? **** that.
    Last edited by Converse; 28-05-07 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

yeah, I don't think he's thought of that. I don't know what to do about that either.. usually we fall asleep with each other. And what happens the day I arrive when he visits me? .. god, I don't know.. but something sure is going to happen with this situation...

anyway, yea I picked to go to NY because he's there but i'm also doing this for me. I've been to the city three times before, i'll be fine.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you plan on coming to Rochester while you're in NY post something to let me know. I can show you all the dirty panhandlers downtown
    Seriously, the only good part about Rochester is that we are 1.5 hours from Buffalo, 3 hours from Toronto, and about twice that to Baltimore/DC. Which is all that's important to me

what are penhandlers?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    panhandlers = homeless people who beg for money
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh.. not so glamorous..

but I do know ambrosiaSW is in rochester...

Cool, well have fun! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

thanks

I get the feeling this changing his mind thing is something that'll never really change.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast