+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Coincidences and true love

Coincidences and true love

Is there or has there ever been a conection to true love and soul mates to coincidences? The reason I ask is there is this girl I like, a LOT. We have been friend for going on three years now and I have recently started hanging out with her a lot more then usual, and I've relized we are a lot alike, but there have been some weird coincidences and weird things that we have in common. For example, when I was heading to her work to see her for the first time in like 6 months I was listening to my xm radio. When I hear a song I like on my xm radio I save the song info so I can remember the name of the song. I hadn't saved a song before that for like 4 months and I haven't saved one since. The song I saved was Nobody Knows by Kevin Sharp, well I didn't think nothing of it just a song I liked that I saved, and I continued to drive to visit this girl at work. I stayed with her at her work until she got off and then we went together to get a bite to eat, then we went to a house she was house sitting. When we got there she was listing to the radio, I wasn't paying any attention to it, I was listening to her. Then she blurted out "wow, thats my favorite country song of all time, I mean I have a lot of favorites but that is my favorite of all time." Well that got me listening to it, and I couldn't believe it, it was Nobody Knows by Kevin Sharp. The weird likenesses dodn't stop there, we are so much alike its not funny. We both like steak, we both drink all our drinks without ice, we finish each others sentences, when turning up the volume with anything that has a number for the volume number we both have to leave it on an even number or a number divisible by five or we get freaked out, we think alot alike too, like the exact same thoughts and sometimes its scary. Does any of this mean anything or am I reading too much into it? Just some food for thought.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantSafrit View Post
    when turning up the volume with anything that has a number for the volume number we both have to leave it on an even number or a number divisible by five or we get freaked out
    Haha, that's pretty funny, no offense.
    And yes, it's just coincidence. I mean, I don't think that your drink preferences or sharing some superstitious belief has anything to do with how well you two would work out in a relationship. Of course you can still possibly have a relationship, but it wouldn't be because you both like steak.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantSafrit View Post
    when turning up the volume with anything that has a number for the volume number we both have to leave it on an even number or a number divisible by five or we get freaked out
    I do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral Dream View Post
    I do the same thing.
    I do the even number thing to with a lot of little stuff. I notice tiny annoyances. Or imperfections I guess they could be called?

this is the sort of thing that you notice a lot more when you like someone, trust me I have been there and you notice the little things much more..

its always fun to think about it though hehe

puppy love..how old r u?It's nice though.These coincidences are nice while you're in love.But later both of ur habits will change & u'll think that both of u r changing.Then misunderstanding starts.That's the viscious circle of life.So enjoy while u can.

i dont do the even number thing... but it'd be a kewl thing to start doing... thanks guys!!!

and no, its just coincidence.... gawd, i like steak too.... marry me!!!