+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love: The process.

Love: The process.

Love is a process that every individual experience in his/her lifetime. Let us analyse the stages in this process.

Friendship/ introduction stage

In this stage you meet someone and you feel the need to know more about that person. So you will try to approach him/her. There might be several ways to do so. Some try to take the help of a third party who is close to that person, while others try to talk to that person directly.

Trying to take help from someone else might sometime be useful to gather some information about that person. However you should take help from the right person. For instance, if you want to know more about a girl, don’t take help from his brother or his father!!

Those who try to talk to that person directly must choose the right thing to say at the right place at the right time. The first impression is usually a lasting impression, so better take the time and get the things done rightly. Depending on the situation you should figure out what is the right thing to talk about.

It should be noted that at this stage, it is just a mere feeling to know more about that person. Success in this stage is achieved if the introduction has been good and if that person has accepted to befriend you or has started to think about befriending you unconsciously.

Attraction stage

In this stage, you feel the need to go beyond friendship. You start getting attracted to that person physically and emotionally.

Physical attraction occurs when your body start to react to that person. For instance, you start losing appetite, your heart start racing and you don’t get much sleep since you prefer spending your time daydreaming about that person. These effects have been scientifically proven.

Emotional attraction is a step further to physical attraction. This occurs when you start having things in common with that person. Very often you start to develop things in common which you previously didn’t have.

However the next stage of this process can start only if this attraction is mutual, otherwise the process ends here.

Sharing stage

Here, you start getting close to that person and you start to share your dreams, thoughts and feeling with him/her. You spend quite some time with him/her and you learn about his likes and dislikes.

This develops into some intimacy between you and that person. This is why this stage can also be called the intimacy stage. In reality, everyone feel reluctant to talk about their personal things with others. However intimacy drives away this feeling. Intimacy strengthens the relationship.

Expectation stage

With time, you start having expectations from your partner. You want to feel his/her presence whenever you need him/her. You might start having some small arguments with that person. However, the relationship will last only if these arguments are temporary.

To avoid these arguments, it is best not to expect your partner to give you more that he/she can and to compromise with the circumstances. For instance, if you think that your partner does not give you enough time, then it is wise to compromise and don’t expect him/her to give you more time that he/she actually can.

This stage usually results in a slump in the relationship curve.

Commitment stage

Should the relationship subsist from the expectation stage, it will go through this last stage, which is the commitment stage.

Here you will mutually accept to support each other in good and bad times throughout life. In most case, this stage is more lasting that other stages and it often results in marriage.

You will start taking decisions together since all decision concerning you will affect him/her and vice versa. There is a greater level of understanding between you and your partner.

Lucky are those who reach this stage, so why not try your best to be lucky?

mevin
    Last edited by mevin; 01-06-07 at 01:55 PM.

Another douche who thinks he has figured it all out. Nice opinion. Personally I think attraction stage comes before everything even the introduction/friendship stage...everything after that I don't know about.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by mevin View Post
    Love is a process that every individual experience in his/her lifetime. Let us analyse the stages in this process.

[B]
    Commitment stage

Should the relationship subsist from the expectation stage, it will go through this last stage, which is the commitment stage.

Here you will mutually accept to support each other in good and bad times throughout life. In most case, this stage is more lasting that other stages and it often results in marriage.

You will start taking decisions together since all decision concerning you will affect him/her and vice versa. There is a greater level of understanding between you and your partner.

Lucky are those who reach this stage, so why not try your best to be lucky?

mevin
    easy as pie.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

...why? ):

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    easy as pie.

lame....but ...can I still get some of that pie?

what do i get out of it?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh, yeah, that's how it always works out...

what do i get out of it?
    A ticklish feeling when I am eating it?

lol shut up ov.

lol shut up ov.

ah porecito here have some pie ov.

lol funny thing, me and my friend where talking about this the other day.. Personally i don't always find myself very attracted or liking someone especially until i know them more, and by that time i usually find myself in the 'friend zone' where its too late for me to do anything about it.. one of my buddies agrees, hes sort of the same way, but i got a 3rd friend who thinks the other way, don't wanna ruin friendships etc etc..

Not that i think every situation you should jump the gun and do so, just with the right people you can make things work, even if the relationship does fail and maintain friendship, i guess i have seen this 2-3 times first hand.. iunno, its very debatable type of thing, nothing written in stone..