+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i apologize to him?

Should i apologize to him?

I'm working for my professor as research assistant, but i seem to like him, although i'm not quite sure about that feeling, and whether he likes me.
    Last week when he asked me to do some trivial things like paying the bills, i'm not very happy about this, coz i have to take an important test in a week and i'm very busy preparing it, so i have not enough time to do it. Then i said something that annoyed him which i regreted later, do i need to send an email to him to apologize for that? because i am afraid that he will never find me to be his assistant later.

i might be sensitive and too worried about this, but i would like to make good relationship with him, what do i do?

It is probably best to apologize, it is always good to be on good terms with your boss.

dont mix work and pleasure, 9 times out of 10 it will blow back up in your ****ing face

about the apology: didnt fully understand your post, but how is paying the bills his business?? as i said i dont fully undertand your post, but as it is, then no, dont apologise - it seems too ****ing trivial

Yep, swallow your pride and give a simple, short apology. It may go a long way.
    I LOVE love poems:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/poetry_poems.htm[/url]
    I also LOVE love quotes:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/quotes.htm[/url]

Incredizible!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did he ask you to pay his *personal* bills? Because that seems extremely inappropriate, and what you did was to set appropriate boundaries, and for that I would not apologize.

However, if these were work-related bills, you should have done it since it probably falls under your job description, and in that case, you should apologize.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

it wouldnt hurt to apologize so might as well

i was a research assistant and i was never asked to pay bills. that would've been waaaaay outside of my duties. i had to do some crazy things like try and get a hold of politicians and/or someone who worked in the politicians office who actually knew anything. but never paying bills.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Apologize... be careful... professors are very smart people...

Make sure you are apologizing for your own respect... not for his admiration.