+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a friend

Dating a friend

I have a question that I would love to hear an answer from a females perspective on.

I have been friends with this girl for a long time, we havent quite been as close as I am with her twin sister in terms of friendship, but lately I'm finding myself liking her more and more (as "more than a friend"), now she is a very playful and flirty sort of girl with most guys, so I can't really tell if she's interested or not, shes very hard to read.

So what do I do? I've been told by some other friends to go for it and I have nothing to lose, while others are telling me not too, because I run the risk of ruining our friendship either by awkwardness of the rejection or if we do get together and break up in the future.

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you ask her out, things will never be the same again. They could be better, or they could be worse, but never the same.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

agreed. if you value her as a friend i'd PERSONALLY say it's not a good idea for YOU to bring up dating. If she asks you and you still want to date her, then go for it. If that makes sense.

hope her twin's not the jealous type X:

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you ask her out, things will never be the same again. They could be better, or they could be worse, but never the same.
    i disagree, but it will take a while (about two years for myself to be exact, but it really is exactly like it used to be, nothing happened but it got a lil complicated). Dont think its impossible..
    Last edited by all alone; 06-06-07 at 02:58 PM.

It will be the end of a good friendship

Thanks for all the advice people, I know the risks that come with this, but I believe its worth it and I'm meeting up with her in the next week for a drink and I'll bring it up with her there.

@ Steve, her twin is practically married now and don't think of her as anything more than a friend