+ Follow This Topic

Thread: an older girl

an older girl

Hello. So i have a crush on this girl that is 23, which is 3 years older than me.

We seem to be at different points in our lives. All her friends are getting married and having kids, mine are no where near that point. We work together at a restaurant. But she is also a 2nd grade teacher, she finished college a year ago, and im only halfway through.

Anyways, she was saying how she didnt have a date to this wedding, she said it a couple times in my presence, and so I volunteered myself. She said she is waiting to hear back from another friend, but if that falls through shell take me as her date.

Is it a problem that we are at different points in our lives? I know she isnt interested for marriage (I sure as hell am not), but I am concered about my job. She has a salary and a full time responsability. I have a part time job only during the summer. I wonder if she will look down at me for not being farther along in my career/life.

So Im just wondering what your experiences have been with younger guys. And if you anything else to add. What i should expect from this date, if you even think Ill get the date, etc.

If she's actively looking for marriage prospects, the best thing you can do is show her how very NOT ready you are. This way, it'll be clear to her that you're a Mr. Right Now guy. If she has a problem with it, she'll have to deal with it.

I don't mean you should act like a doofus all the time or anything, just don't fool her by trying to act older than you are.

She's too young to get married, anyway. Half of her friends are likely to get divorced before they're 30 anyway.
    Spammer Spanker

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was 21 I dated a 24 y.o. girl for a year. I met her at work as well. It was great in some ways, but in the end I started freaking out about commitment. Broke up on the day of our one year anniversary in the middle of a vineyard in the country. Drove the six hours home that night with her sobbing and yelling in the seat next to me.

Older chicks are great, but they will want different things.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BFTrick View Post

So Im just wondering what your experiences have been with younger guys. .
    I've never dated anyone younger.

Also, I agree with Giga - she is too young to be thinking of marriage, anyway, so what the hell? Ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

haha, i sorta did. I mean i told her i am available for her to go with her to the wedding. But i havent heard her response yet. And i dont want to seem too eager. So im just waiting a little bit before i ask her what she decided.

She isnt interested in marriage, she seems like she wants a good time above all else, and that i can do. . thats why i have a crush on her.

Is it bad that i use the word crush? because it still applies even when im 20.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Crushes apply at all ages, my dear.

As long as all she's looking for is a casual dating situation, I think you're fine. Just make sure you communicate that quite clearly from the beginning.

The older woman/younger man thing never seems to work out until you're considerably older (in a relationship sense).
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    When I was 21 I dated a 24 y.o. girl for a year. I met her at work as well. It was great in some ways, but in the end I started freaking out about commitment. Broke up on the day of our one year anniversary in the middle of a vineyard in the country. Drove the six hours home that night with her sobbing and yelling in the seat next to me.

Older chicks are great, but they will want different things.
    it's almost the opposite with a younger girl;

i dated a girl that was 2 years younger than me for almost 3 years. she was so immature. she was always seeking vengeance for little things that i didn't even do! and she kept trying to make me jealous by putting a lot of guys on her phone and dancing all slutty at dances with other guys, and flirting with them all the time. can't wait till i am in college.