+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking English/Engrish!

Speaking English/Engrish!

hello everyone,i need help on my english,american english i mean,my boss says i need to work on them more,when i took a test of english as a foreign language i was excellent in all areas except for the speaking area,

it says that i need work on intonation and vocabulary,if you guys have ideas on how i will improve my speaking,i would greatly appreciate it.thank you
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheKissPolice View Post
    hello everyone,i need help on my english,american english i mean,my boss says i need to work on them more,when i took a test of english as a foreign language i was excellent in all areas except for the speaking area,

it says that i need work on intonation and vocabulary,if you guys have ideas on how i will improve my speaking,i would greatly appreciate it.thank you
    I believe you meant "Innovative". I think the only sure-proof way to build on your speaking really is to... well, speak. Try conversing with others in English, it'll get better over time and your confidence will grow.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I suggest you listen to books being read on CD in English or watch English TV and emulate what you hear.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I believe you meant "Innovative". I think the only sure-proof way to build on your speaking really is to... well, speak. Try conversing with others in English, it'll get better over time and your confidence will grow.
    ur right,confidence is a big factor.i hesitate a lot,worrying about grammar.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I suggest you listen to books being read on CD in English or watch English TV and emulate what you hear.
    my listening skills have always been good,but i never tried emulating,thats a good idea,i will try it.

anachronistic Guest
    so where do you come from? you can speak english better than many foreigners i know all around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    so where do you come from? you can speak english better than many foreigners i know all around the world.
    gee,thanks dude,im from Tokyo,Japan.

anachronistic Guest
    gee,thanks dude,im from Tokyo,Japan.
    how long have you been studying english? i have friends in germany that have been studying for 7 years and still have difficulties with syntax and such.

perhaps the transition from japanese to english is easier than german to english?

4 years,all our books in college were in english but the language of instruction was in japanese.that is why speaking is really a challenge for me,maybe my interest in american media helped me a lot.
    i love females with german and russian accent by the way but my favorite accent would be the ones with that came from new york,oooh sexy.

anachronistic Guest
    german and russian women are cute. i can speak both languages.

german and russian women are cute. i can speak both languages.
    oh wow,lucky guy!

anachronistic Guest
    oh wow,lucky guy!
    german is not very difficult to learn for me. i had a 100% in german class last year.

russian is very difficult for me. i am still getting used to the alphabet, and have difficulty pronouncing their long-ass words.

german is not very difficult to learn for me. i had a 100% in german class last year.

russian is very difficult for me. i am still getting used to the alphabet, and have difficulty pronouncing their long-ass words.
    my mentor is fluent in russian,german and spanish and is now learning japanese,america is truly a frightening country.

anachronistic Guest
    some people take it overboard by learning 5-7 languages. being a translator can be a well-paying job, though.

perhaps the transition from japanese to english is easier than german to english?
    Not even close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast