+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would you forgive your partner if they cheated?

LostNotFound Guest

would you forgive your partner if they cheated?

would you?

personally no. never. but i don't think i'd fall in love like this again.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Before children - no. There isn't any good reason to.

After children - maybe. If it is a habitual problem, no, but for an isolated event? Probably.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Absolutely not! I have in the past and it turned against me. Once a cheater always a cheater! There are no excuses and reasons to cheat i believe.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

No, I wouldn't. If I can be faithful, I expect the same of them.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    yes, i would forgive them. it is against my religion to hold something against someone.

on the other hand though, i would never be able to trust them again, and i'd break up with them.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hell no, if someone cheated on me I would not forgive them.

I want someone I can trust.

If a person's SO wanted to go off and start ****ing some other girl or guy, they should tell their SO and cut things off right there.

i will in time.

Probably not..... no no.... I would not. I would just go find somewhere else to use my tool. I do not mind them breaking up with me, just do not bring me your recently used goods.

Forgive as in take them back? No.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    yes, i would forgive them. it is against my religion to hold something against someone.

on the other hand though, i would never be able to trust them again, and i'd break up with them.
    I really like this post.
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've tried to forgive my ex for cheating on me.....but the relationship just sucked afterwards. Never trusted him after that and I eventually realized we were better off apart.

My friend just found out her husband cheated on her. He says it only happened once, but she is trying to work things out with him. She never was secure in the relationship, and always thought he was cheating. He finally came clean that he slept with an ex once a few weeks ago. The sad thing is that my friend and her husband have a son together. I don't know how they will get past this, but she says she will feel even worse losing him. But, if that trust wasn't there to begin with, then how the heck will it work now? She blames herself for a majority of it because she feels she drove him into his ex's arms. I tried to convince her that even though things weren't working out, that was no excuse for him to go and cheat on her. I just don't see how a relationship could work with that trust gone. I mean from now on, she will always have that hanging over his head. And who's to say he won't do that again?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Well, I've heard that the strongest marriages are the ones that survive an affair. I hope they're going to counseling.
    Spammer Spanker

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, I've heard that the strongest marriages are the ones that survive an affair. I hope they're going to counseling.
    No, they aren't. Thats what is scary. They both are very insecure people. Plus he says he needs time to figure out what he wants. He spends a majority of the week nights hanging out w/ his brother...who is single. My friend was pissed about this and thats why she was suspicious of him cheating. She told him that if he loves her, he would want to spend time with her and their family. (their son and her daughter from a previous relationship). Anyways, he moved out and is deciding whether or not he wants to be committed. IMO, he should have thought about that before marrying her.

Oh, that is really not looking good. She must be freaked out. Does she have family support, at least?
    Spammer Spanker

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Oh, that is really not looking good. She must be freaked out. Does she have family support, at least?
    Yes, she is freaked out. Then when they were talking on the phone after he moved out, he admitted to cheating on her. He was crying etc. So she thought he felt bad about it. She then blamed herself. I'm trying to be as supportive as I can. Her parents know about him moving out, but do not know about the cheating. She feels ashamed.....and only told me about it.

They have been married almost 2 yrs. She was 6 months pregnant when they got married. He wanted to marry her. The bad thing is that they weren't dating all that long when she got pregnant.(I tried to convince her to wait awhile after her son was born to get married, but she wanted to marry him.) The majority of the last two yrs, they have been fighting. It started happening a lot after their son was born. He has moved out several times, but always came back. I guess I don't understand how someone can live like that. Never knowing what to expect day to day. I know thats true in all relationships. But, he was insecure about her past(she had a lot of bfs and he found old diaries of hers) and she has been insecure about him not being around and wanting to drink and hang out with his brother etc. I just don't see this working.. I feel bad for her though... I mean he is a good guy(basically). I just think they jumped into things too soon and he is younger then her. He is only 23.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast