+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fatherless girls and their attitude towards love

Fatherless girls and their attitude towards love

Hi there!

I've a female friend whose father died during her childhood. I imagine it must have been a traumatic experience. It seems that girls react in different ways to being fatherless. For instance, I read somewhere that many of them become sexually active at a younger age than the average girl and go from boyfriend to boyfriend, never satisfied. Others, however, react in a totally different way. This girl I'm talking about seems to refuse to fall in love. I've known her for a very long time and, as far as I know, she's never been in a relationship -and she's in her twenties now. Many guys -including myself- have been interested in her, but those feelings are never reciprocated. Whenever I have a wonderful time with her, the next time I see her, she behaves as if nothing had happened. It could be that she's simply not interested in me, but she does the same thing to all guys.

I wonder whether the lack of a fatherly figure in her teenage years has affected the way she relates with the opposite sex. How could I help her?

It could, and so could her mother's reaction to not having a man in her life. Most of our weirdness comes down to parents, but not all of it.

She may have just been born a little distant, and if she'd had a father around, it would still be a mystery.

Dies she really need help with this? Is she actually unhappy? Maybe she's focusing on her education and career. That's not so wrong.
    Spammer Spanker