+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "She's nice and wise, but..."

"She's nice and wise, but..."

..but what?

I didn't hear him saying it all to his buddy, accidentally entered the other room and heard them talking. I know, I know when a guy says "nice and wise, but..." it doesn't sound good. Could you translate it?
    Never gonna happen? Not interested or is there a slight hope?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't sound like he is interested, despite your good qualities. Sorry, hun - I think you should move on to someone who values you more completely.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

from a male's point of view: to be honest i have never heard a guy describe a woman as "wise", a bit odd, but in my opinion, i think that was his nice way of saying he is not attracted to you, its like when a girl says "he's nice and sweet but"

Maybe it went on as "but I don't think she likes me too much".

I wouldn't give up if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Maybe it went on as "but I don't think she likes me too much".

I wouldn't give up if I were you.
    Don't seem likely but I suppose you can run with it..... slowly.

Thanks guys for the posts. Well, hope dies last. I know his not shy, so "but I don't think she likes me too much" isn't realistic answer. He is ego man looking down for everything...hard to challenge such
    Last edited by courier; 11-06-07 at 11:47 PM.

he could've said any number of completely innocent things. "but I wonder if that's her real hair colour.." or.. whatever. who knows. why not just ask him?

Or seduce his mate... get his pants down, videotape it, then ask what his friend told him about you, then tell him to bugger off and send the tape to his parents if he wants to tell your friend.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whenever you hear the word "but" being used in context like that, it is expressing disinterest, for both girls and guys.

Proceed with caution. There's no reason to just give up, but you should be careful.

His tone of voice is just as important as what he was saying. Did you get any clues from that?
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 12-06-07 at 03:47 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

You are so helpful and nice here! I just keep coming back
    In other forum I saw so many depressed people and only anger
    Sometimes you just have to share a thought because the thought might only echo in your mind and not tell you what it really means.

Meh: I love your answer. That's what I'm going to do! I'm gonna ask his friend who is luckily my friend too, but they are better mates, so this is probably not leading me anywhere... but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

Gigabitch: True! The voice was meaningful. He sounded like going to say "but she is a weirdo" or he just heard me coming and felt awkward and thats why i didn't hear the ending because he stopped ot maybe just showed some face or who knows what.

But I'm not what he thinks I am. Have you ever felt like that? That you see that one has a wrong picture of you, because, because of many things... like bias or that I'm always very nervous and inept when around him and I'm definitely not like that in my regular life.

There comes my second question: Have you ever changed the picture of yourself for someone even if she/or he knows you for few years but you meet rarely? Have you ever changed the first impression that was really strong?

It wasn't about me! Tho the friend said it could have been about me, I'm no different, but hopefully it was a compliment. Nothing to worry about, my case is still open...

About the first impression thing, I have to be honest, where physical appearance is concerned, the first impression always stayed with me.

Even in the case of some girls I used to know ages ago who were unattractive, whom I then met years later, after they'd gone through puberty and had become quite attractive, the first image still stuck with me.

You sound like a terribly nice girl, so I don't think he'd say you're anything other than physically repulsive, which I wouldn't know about.

Also, the "wise" comment is weird. I don't think I've ever thought of a girl as "wise" when talking to my friends.

anachronistic Guest
    Why don't you just simply grow some balls and ask him what he meant?

Because if she grew balls, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want anything to do with her. Ewwwwwww.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast