+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be your reason to stare at a girl?

What would be your reason to stare at a girl?

I noticed this guy eversince I started university life, which is this year. I was attracted to him for a while, but decided to put it away cuz we don't even know each other (being realistic here). We're in the same psychology lecture, so we see each other pretty much everyday. I never have the courage to talk to him, since I have a pretty low self esteem when it comes to that one time, I sat down next to him. During half of the lectures, nothing happened. After that, I can see from the corner of my eyes that he was looking at me. I ignored it the first time. I thought I might just be imagining things. Then, came the second time. I waited for 5 seconds, but he kept staring. At first, I thought there was something on my face. I looked back at him and when I caught him looking, he quickly looked away. At the end of the lecture, he said "hi" and then walked off. The next day, my friend told me he was staring at me for the whole time when I was looking at the other way. I have no idea what's going on in that guy's mind. What do you think he might be thinking?

Could be (and most probably is) that he finds you attractive; and is probably too shy to say anything because he has low self esteem.

Personally, however, I find myself sometimes "staring" at people when I think they have interesting/odd facial features - which doesn't always mean I'm attracted to them.

Or it might be that you remind him of someone, but really, I think he just likes you.

anachronistic Guest
    oh dude, he tooooooooooootally likes you. ask him out, he seems to also be shy with words.

but does it make sense to like someone that you don't even know? There are more than 300 females in my lecture. Some of them are attractive, too. I did try to talk to him, but I guess I'm just as shy as he is. After he said hi, I lost my voice and I just know I had the stupidest smile on my face when I said "hi" back. My friend said the same thing, but I kinda have a phobia about asking a guy out hahaha...

anachronistic Guest
    well he is attracted to you. don't play dumb.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not that I think it is necessarily *wrong* for a girl to do the asking, but I tend to be pretty traditional, and so I consider that to be the guy's job. Besides, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a guy who lacks the balls to ask for what he wants.

Your job is to make yourself very approachable so he feels comfortable asking you out (if that was what you want). You will have to get a hold of yourself and your shyness. Next time you see him, smile and say hello. Ask him if he enjoys this class, blah blah blah.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

thanks i will try that then. Will be kinda hard since we probably won't be in the same room anymore though. He doesn't take psychology as a major anyway (don't ask how I found out) :p

i am not a ****ing psychic so i cant tell you what he is thinking, but if I was staring at a female of relative age, it would be because of 2 things:

1) you have an unusual amount of make up on, or you look like a color blind clown dressed you up

2) i would like to **** you

this is just one male's point of view, this guy might think differently, i dont know

Looking at a girl during a lecture is fine, but staring is a little odd, he probably does like you but like someone said, he probably lacks confidence, if you want to get together, then you will have to appear interested, talking to him would be a start then maybe drop a few hints.

I stare at a girl when I want to know if she likes toast or bagels more. Come on, use the thinker. He either likes ya and is probably not confident or he is a rapist and is scouting for victims.... I would go with the first one.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Think about it, why would you stare at someone?

It might be because you recognize them from somewhere. They remind you of someone. You find them attractive. Or your a people watcher.

I think the guy likes you.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

he likes you. talk to him.

i stare at people when i think they have the right image to be one of the characters in my novel. then again thats just me. and sure I have those ideas in my head, it's common sense. I just don't wanna get the wrong idea i guess. hey, one question, what would you do if your parents don't like your partner because of their racial difference?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you, and is this solely a matter of race, or is religion somehow mixed in there?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm 18. hmm... both mixed up I guess: Religion and race. I get the whole idea of maintaining one culture in a family, but... I just don't think it's right. It's like you're given two choices: partner or family.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast