+ Follow This Topic

Thread: no car or access to a car. if i ask a girl to date/hang out, its all busing everywher

no car or access to a car. if i ask a girl to date/hang out, its all busing everywher

lets say right if a guy mid 20's has no car at all or even access to a car(can't borrow parents or friends car)-they have to bus everytime and meet up everytime at some central location in dwtn vancouver -how many girls goin really really date the guy and maybe later on have him as a bf or even date him for long. i'm guessing at most he'll get is like 2 dates or so called hanging out.

i'm been goin to school -college for a good chunk of his time. i don't make much either, and can't find work related to my field, so i'm going back to school. i was working in dead end -warehouse, call centre rep, merchandiser jobs that didn;t pay much -minimum 9-10/hr. i took computer for a yr , but didn't like it and also couldn't do a lot of the troubleshooting and complicated IT tech support work. i also went to business management and have a diploma.

i knew some parents who bought their kids cars , or helped em pay for their insurance and even gas at times. but with me if i were to get a car i would have to pay for everything, the car , the gas, the insruance and even fixing the car up. it all adds up , and also considering i don;t make much.

so what do u guys think . a guy with no car or even access to a car. i bus like everywhere and anywhere. i never drive. got my license but no car. i thinking my schooling is more important than getting some 4k car. i jsut don;t want to do the dead end and low paying jobs for long.

i met one girl off the net before. she made a deal about myself not having a ride. "when are you going to get a car", "how much do u have for a car" . lol funny thing i bused to her area to see her. her area already had all the amenties (theatre, plenty of restaurants, shopping center) to be the richmond centre area in bc. i live in vancouver,bc.

First of all, that was hard as hell to read.

But no, not having a car shouldn't affect your dates with girls. Unless you want to get involved in relationships with money-hungry girls, or girls who just want to use you for your benefits. Or girls younger than 18.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    First of all, that was hard as hell to read.
    +1.

If you live in a city and you it's possible to do things without a car, then I don't think it should be a problem. I would be kinda put off if I had to drive everywhere, always go pick the guy up, etc., because things were too far away to walk or take public transport, but at least where I live now, I'd pretty much consider it no problem if the guy didn't have a car - there are trams and buses and it's pretty stupid to spend like $4 a gallon on gas. I'd prefer a guy who was a little more economically friendly But that's just me.

LostNotFound Guest
    it was hard to read cause your talking about yourself and your sayin he then i theh he agian.

me and my SO both don't drive we take public transport everywhere we go..but we are both learning to drive. i would say a guy without a guy is a - (i.e minus point for him). but obviously if your studying and can't afford it then you can't get it so forget it. we both can't afford it either so when we do pass our tests we're not getting a car. lol

anachronistic Guest
    did you know if you take the porcelain from a spark plug and throw it at a car's windshield, it will shatter like no other?