+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your college stories

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Share your college stories

Would anyone here mind telling me how they managed to be romantically successful in college? In other words, just share your story.

anachronistic Guest
    i'm not in college, yet, but i can't wait! i'll be a freshman this fall.

Well I never really got to serious with anyone in college mostly I didnt fit the whole role of "playing" girls like for the whole one night stand thing. I just dont like it. So mostly I would make sure to leave a positive impression on them and let them come back to me wanting more.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's no great secret to it DM. Uni (College) was a great stomping ground, it's like this inexhaustible pool of available women. They won't just fall in your lap, but goddamn it doesn't get much easier. Some I'd advice I'd give is this:

1) Unless you're getting some red hot signals from them, forget about the glamour. There's one in every class, and she'll have losers tripping over themselves to share notes, discuss the lecture - all that bullshit. Don't worry about her.

2) Go up and talk to as many girls as you can. Sit next to them in class, ask them how're they're finding the lecturer. It really is that easy.

ah shit I've got too much work to do to type out a whole list, basically what I was getting to is, have a go, talk to as many women as you can without thinking about banging them. Don't even think about sex. Just stay relaxed, and if there's chemistry things'll happen for themselves. Especially if you're not experienced, just focus getting so that you can talk to girls like they're human beings and not walking bestowers of intercourse.

Charlie's right- get yourself out there and exposed to as many girls as possible. The more comfortable you are around them, the better.

If you get a job, try to do it where you will maximize your girl exposure (tutoring center, student services, something like that.)

I strongly recommend involving yourself in some kind of sport to build confidence and keep yourself looking good. My bf rowed crew in college and you can still tell- he's got great shoulders.

Don't expect too much from 18-year-old girls, DM. Just have fun and be careful.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    SEX!

just kidding. i seriously wonder how many girls will be into graphic design and german... and me.

i'll be working through college as a web designer.

LostNotFound Guest
    well i was the nerd and i was forever in the library. my SO didn't even know where the library was. he used to come (without telling his friends) so that he could see me an we could talk and stuff but come on its the library. lol but thats how we sorta started talking. in the end i never got any work done in the library.

if you want to meet girls on a more articulate level try the library. ask to carry her books? lol i'm more a softie for that kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    SEX!

just kidding. i seriously wonder how many girls will be into graphic design and german... and me.

i'll be working through college as a web designer.
    haha actually im not at university yet, but in montreal they have a lvl between college/university and high school which last 2 yrs, (callec cegep, which is a long french acronym) and there is a lot of German exchange students.. lol a lil german can go a long way im told in general conversation with them..

Definitely though talk to as many ladies as possible when the chance comes up, dont run up to every female in site, but be friendly..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for the replies.

I won't be working at college. Maybe I should get a job there just to meet people... The only program I know I'm doing for sure is ROTC, and I think there will probably be quite a few more guys than girls there.

A friend of my family just graduated from Cornell this year, but he's going to grad school somewhere else. Too bad, cause he went to parties and stuff..

First couple weeks will be crucial, because none of the freshmen will know each other at that point.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OK so the girl I left a message for to see if she was still planning on coming to my grad party did not respond. I saw her (of course) at the graduation ceremony today and gave her a couple of hugs and asked if she was still coming, she has to work until 7 but I think she will.

I don't know I'm beginning to think she just wants to be my friend. Is there any way tell if it is friends or better than friends that she would be OK with? I have so few friends already that if I ask her out too soon and she backs away, that would not be something I would want to do. I think I'll invite her to come over to my house sometime soon and let her get to know me better before I do that. Like I said I'm not a conversationalist and I think some people think I am "boring". How little do they know... So maybe I can show her how interesting I really am. And AFTER that, ask her out. Cause she doesn't know me well at all right now (**** hardly anybody does)

So yeah tomorrow is my grad party and my relatives and some friends are coming and she will try to go there. I guess if she doesn't then she might not like me very well. Like I said I'm not a conversationalist and people don't think I'm that interesting. I hope it isn't awkward but I'll drink a little to relax.

Speaking of which, I should be out right now with my classmates getting drunk or high (but not both).

When I'm around her I get those gentle waves of pleasantness and happiness you get when you start taking a cap of MDMA. I used to feel them a lot stronger until I started feeling like shit all the time.

OK I'm not going to ask her out prematurely I decided, it wouldn't be fair to her if she didn't even know me well enough in the first place. But how long should you know someone for before you ask them out? I have no idea what is considered acceptable
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 23-06-07 at 11:54 AM.

Five minutes. I am not kidding. How far down the road to the Friend Zone do you want to go?

I have dated guys who made their interest in me clear within 30 seconds of meeting me. It's really flattering when you meet a guy and he says, right off the bat, "Hi. Will you go out with me?" Especially if you get the impression he doesn't do this every day. Actually, that part is really important.

Anyway, DM, you don't need more female aquaintances who you aren't likely to stay in touch with after this summer. You need a date. Go get a date.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Five minutes, I had no clue.

He didn't say exactly "Hi, will you go out with me?" right? What do these guys say, more precisely, when they ask you out within 5 minutes?

I'm not sure if I have the looks or charisma to pull off something like that. My voice is kind of monotone and sometimes people think my compliments are insincere when they are not. But I will definitely try that. Where is a good place for asking out girls? I have very few friends and no single circle of friends that I hang out with so I would be by myself when this would happen. Mall maybe? Since that one other girl doesn't really like me I'll call up my ski buddy and tell him. He said he would try and hook me up, he has a number of female friends, cause he is good looking and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post

He didn't say exactly "Hi, will you go out with me?" right? What do these guys say, more precisely, when they ask you out within 5 minutes?
    He said, "Wow. You're really pretty. Will you go out with me?" I said no, and laughed.

But I came back to the store where he worked. Eventually, he got into my pants.

Yup. It's true.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Man how the hell !!!

Did he look like Brad Pitt?

No, he was just a little better than average.

He was really flattering, though. Focused on me like a tiger after it's prey. God, I loved it! I'm reasonably cute, but I don't usually get men coming up to me and saying things like that. FYI, it's very effective.

You know the first thing my boyfriend ever said to me was, "You know you're a total babe, right?" I'm sure I posted that. Well, clearly, that cheesy line went a long way with me. I'm STILL sleeping with that guy.

Don't try to slide in sideways as a friend, checking to see if you've got a green light every two steps. Confidence is riveting.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast