+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who am I?

Who am I?

hi,i have been thinking a lot lately,and i have been asking myself the question,who am i?i am having a confusion about my personality coz as a child,i have been influenced by a lot of people,growing up i was told to act appropriately towards certain situations.as i am about to reach the age of 25,i keep questioning if my point of view with regards to conduct,morality,decision making and rationalization are just mere reflections of the people who raised me and inspired me through the years.is this me?or them thinking and taking control of my life?thank you
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

You are who you are, and you were born that person. Everything else is just a filter, coloring the way you're perceived, but it isn't really you.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You are who you are, and you were born that person. Everything else is just a filter, coloring the way you're perceived, but it isn't really you.
    wow, that was awesome.

i wish i could give you rep points but that stupid limit thing. it needs to be changed.

giga, have i told you lately that you're a sexybitch?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

NO, and I've been holding my breath waiting for you to do it. What took you so long?

Hey, do you want to go see those annoying Red Elvises on the 3rd or what?
    Spammer Spanker

you are not only a sexybitch, but you are a gigasexybYtch. that's like, twice as sexy.

anyways, where's the show?

SF Brewing company- up here. Small venue, but fun. Good beer.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    asking us who you are is not helping your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    SF Brewing company- up here. Small venue, but fun. Good beer.
    hmmmm, perhaps we will. perhaps we will...

TheKissPolice, What is your problem? Are you crossed in love? or your work is not satisfactory?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    just break loose and party hard one day. do all the things that you were told not to and see if you like it. you're 25 already, it's time that you explore the world.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like you are having an identity crisis

The truth of the matter is that people are FAR too complicated to be labeled any one way. In high school, which I thankfully just graduated from, it seemed like everybody was having a hard time trying to figure themselves out. Just read any person's Myspace page.

People try too hard to identify themselves with groups sometimes. Or what people do even more is try coming up with adjectives to describe themselves. This does not work because people change, we are dynamic. Expect yourself to change, including morals, ethics, likes, dislikes, etc. Change is healthy, IMO.

Your surroundings (such as parents) will indeed influence you. Once you start discovering things for yourself, however, expect your views to change. Maybe just a little, or maybe a complete change. It is highly unlikely that your opinion will remain constant after looking at "the world" first-hand.

Again IMO, a good parent will not shelter their kids. It's bad to live in a bubble, very bad indeed. And don't expect to be just like your parents. I'm literally the complete opposite of my mom. However, we both get along wonderfully.

You are someone new everyday.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this reminds me of the movie "identity" where 10 different people exist inside on person's mind and they start to kill each other one by one.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Changnian Lu View Post
    TheKissPolice, What is your problem? Are you crossed in love? or your work is not satisfactory?
    not really,i just have a lot of time in my hands.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

good points,thanks for your inputs everybody,and illusional i might check that movie out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast