+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with forgetting?/talking to an attractive person

Problem with forgetting?/talking to an attractive person

Ok so I have a problem...and that problem is forgetting. For some weird reason I just can't stop forgetting things I do, now I understand that might be a good thing but things that I want to forget, I just can't (ex.doing something really stupid around a girl I like). Also when ever I talk to a girl I'm attracted to I really get nervous, my palms start to dampen, my speech starts to speed up and I try to end the conversation as fast as possible. Now I'm not going to give you 3 paragraphs about a story on forgetting or talking to an attractive person, and yes I might just be paranoid about this thing, but I just want to ask if you guys have the same problem or have any advice on this so PLEASE HELP ME!

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not a guy, but as a woman, I sometimes have the same problem. Some people are just intimidating because they are so darn attractive.

Whats helped me is to step back, stop focusing on my attraction to them, and just go with the flow. In other words, "RELAX"!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Its because when you talk to an attractive person you really want to be friends or more with them because theyre attractive, but just think about it... There are many attractive people and if it doesn't work out with this one you still got about 1 billion left. (we'll say 50% are same gender, except for china, theres only men, but this is just an estimate, and 2 billion are fat and ugly, which leaves u with 1) and next time you talk to someone attractive just know that they're not the only attractive person and if it doesn't work out u still got 999,999,999 attractive ones left or imagine that you are just as attractive as they are and they should be nervous, not you.

anachronistic Guest
    Sometimes my heart beats faster, but I don't forget anything.

That forgetting thing is pretty alarming. The other thing is totally normal.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you forgetting?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

well its just memories that really stick in your head...and don't wanna leave, sorta like your first kiss but, doing something really stupid you can't forget.

well, sometimes I'll be having a completely normal day, and suddenly I stop in my tracks and grimace because I remembered something idiotic I did in the past...

Yeah thats what mean. I would wake up and just remember weird, stupid, or memorable things. It bugs me, but I guess that what I ment when I said "forgetting"

that's not forgetting, that's remembering!

In general you need to relax and just stop worrying so much, waking up and remembering stuff all the time means you worry about the past too much, you can't change it, maybe just learn from it. You want to get closer to an attractive girl, right? Ending a conversation as quick as possible won't help you! Concentrate on that instead fact of worrying what she might think, maybe just start a casual conversation with different women who you may not be so interested in just for some practice, maybe you'll become interested in one of them then also! Also focus on what she says and not on your fears. If you are relaxed and focused on what she's saying, the conversation will flow on it's own and maybe get her to laugh at something you say, that should really help you stay relaxed and keep it going!

did someone just ask what it is that was forgotten?
    obvious answer 'if i could tell you it would not be forgotten.'

but seriousely, lots of people have a wonky memory and get nervous

yeah... i have the same problem sometimes (not the forgetting part but the dumbfoundedness where you seem to lose the ability to speak) but then i just picture them in their underwear, which actually sometimes can make it worse if they are really attractive, if that fails think of the funniest thing thats ever happened to you and RELAX. its just another person and its not like the worlds going to end if you talk to them....

yeah i guess, but i also don't wanna seem like a dork being shy

The cure for your nervousness is to picture her naked. Believe me, it works!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast