+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: death

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey you could've easily have taken those towel off before cutting your hair. and being all sneaky you took those pictures before returning to your tabilan habits. hey, you never know these days.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    exactly. i want to be remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    see, i think that's a big reason why people are afraid of death. ulimately, people die and memories are forgotten. that IS the fact of life and i think that it's hard for many people to accept that.

raverboy
    I agree, I think a lot of people want to be remembered specifically as a person, but that would be impossible. Maybe they feel like they will forever lose their identity that they spent their whole life defining once they die. This is most likely it. To quote my favorite movie..

"Is this it? That's what it's all about, Manny? Eating, drinking, ****ing, sucking? Snorting? Then what? You're 50. You got a bag for a belly. You got tits, you need a bra. They got hair on them. You got a liver, they got spots on it, and you're eating this ****in' shit, looking like these rich ****ing mummies in here..."

So it probably scares a lot of people that life can amount to nothing.

I was once reading the qualitative reports from a bioassay that a certain individual inadvertently took part in. To cut to the chase this individual took a quantity of DMT way, way above the average dose. For those of you who don't know DMT is a chemical (and drug) that is theorized to cause the "light at the end of the tunnel" hallucination in people about to die. It is also smoked for it's super intense trips (I wouldn't know firsthand). Anyways, I imagine this is as close to death as you can get (mentally), and he said that in the end, when you are dying, you are all alone and it is just you and death. Thought I would share that with you all

anachronistic Guest
    i'll be okay as long as i have my

Well, baring in mind that energy cant be destroyed when we die where does all of OUR energy go?

it degrades. or rather, the energy gradually moves away. stuff like, our bodies become cold- ie, energy has left in form of heat.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 19ntgf View Post
    Well, baring in mind that energy cant be destroyed when we die where does all of OUR energy go?
    our energy is consumed by the numerous insects that fest upon our bodies.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yes there is heaven i die there with sexy women in heaven lol

wow i've never seen this thread before.

i believe that i was born of the land and i will become the land, which brings itself to life over and over again. and since energy changes and never goes away, i believe i will exist as many other things and will never die.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

When you die, your body disfunctions and you don't exist anymore. You are nothing. But since the human instinct is set to avoid death, many people are afraid of dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

i disagree.

just because your body doesn't work does not, by any means, mean you're over.

anybody who has ever had a loved one die or go away knows this.

anachronistic Guest
    our souls exist in another dimension of time and space, and therefore cannot be deleted within this one.

thought i would share this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5O6M4OV8Yk&mode=related&search="]YouTube - The Concious - stop motion film[/ame]

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate to be the party-pooper here, but energy can be "destroyed", or more accurately, converted to matter

you're not a party pooper. just clueless is all. i'll forgive you this time.

the amount of energy in the universe can't be changed, it is constant. all it does is change forms.

'wing, what's so special about humans that we have souls? chimps are like what, 98% the same genes.. do they get souls? what about dolphins? pigs? dogs? cats?

if there is some unseen power or something else going on in the universe other than what we can explain by science- then we have no way of proving it or disproving it. But, it's incredibly vain of humanity to assume that all the fuss is about ourselves.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    the amount of energy in the universe can't be changed, it is constant. all it does is change forms.

'wing, what's so special about humans that we have souls? chimps are like what, 98% the same genes.. do they get souls? what about dolphins? pigs? dogs? cats?

if there is some unseen power or something else going on in the universe other than what we can explain by science- then we have no way of proving it or disproving it. But, it's incredibly vain of humanity to assume that all the fuss is about ourselves.
    i dunno! i am not a chimp... or a cat.

but i would like to think they have souls, because they're animate beings.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast