+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: death

LOLz, your energy probably still exists after you die, but what difference does that make? You're still dead with no thought or conscience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    LOLz, your energy probably still exists after you die, but what difference does that make? You're still dead with no thought or conscience.
    prove it.

When we die, tiny little insects and bacteria devour us. Unless we're embalmed, then that delays things a bit. Or if you're cremated, then you might as well be a pile of cigarette ash in an urn.

The point is that when you're dead, you're gone. You don't retain consciousness and you don't live on in another form.

Yes, it'd be nice if there were more to it, but there isn't.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

hehe, death is when your body and organs disfunction. The end. All the heaven or reincarnation crap are made to make you feel better. No offense meant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

I'd also like to believe that there is something after we die, but it's hard to.

I guess none of us can be 100% certain, but i still maintain that I believe nothing happens after we end

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    the amount of energy in the universe can't be changed, it is constant. all it does is change forms.
    When you convert about 0.00001 grams of matter into energy, you'll get something that will look like Hiroshima or Nagasaki in 1945. So if you consider the mere existence of matter to be energy... THere's an assload

LostNotFound Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atranquilpath View Post
    I'd also like to believe that there is something after we die, but it's hard to.

I guess none of us can be 100% certain, but i still maintain that I believe nothing happens after we end
    well i don't think it's hard to. it depends if your religious or not. religious books are filled with proof.

I believe when we die we come back as something else-we just don't know it.

What would be creepy is if i looked at a lady ant and died and when i came back as an ant that lady ant could be my mum. How scary is that?

My last thing is: I think Christians have small brains (not going into further details. Just keepen it at that).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by minta2 View Post
    I believe when we die we come back as something else-we just don't know it.

What would be creepy is if i looked at a lady ant and died and when i came back as an ant that lady ant could be my mum. How scary is that?

My last thing is: I think Christians have small brains (not going into further details. Just keepen it at that).
    You think Christians have small brains? Look at that stupid shit you just typed about being reincarnated as an ant. There's nothing stupid about following the teachings of Jesus. Not that I follow his teachings, I live a pretty much hollowed out existence.

Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    well i don't think it's hard to. it depends if your religious or not. religious books are filled with proof.
    I think you're confusing the word "proof" with "gibberish"
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Death is unifying. Everyone has the pleasure of being included. Nobody is excluded. But it's not worth musing over for too long, because once you're dead, you won't care.

Some people are fortunate enough to be able to afford to die. They don't have to worry about making a living person sad with their death. Such people are entitled to playing with death with other similar people. They can do things other people can't. Unfortunately sometimes people who matter get involved in such games, and then innocent people are hurt.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what about those people who don't get to experience birth, yet they die before they exit the womb...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

My fundamental thought on death is that consciousness, some form of it anyway, survives physical death. Many would argue that consciousness is a function of the brain, and hence how could consciousness survive braindeath? I would then remind that person that time is also a function of the brain. This is where relativity comes into play.

Let's consider consciousness for a moment. My basic tenet is that consciousness is ubiquitous, ever-present. I mean that while you are asleep, or even in a coma, you are at least self-aware. The catch is that in these situations and similar ones, the memory centers of your brain are not functioning normally. This is why when you wake up, you can't always remember your dream, but it's clear to you that you were at least thinking about something. This makes it very hard to think of death as the sudden evaporation of consciousness. Where would it go? How would you even know it was gone? You could not! This suggests that consciousness continues, or, at least, you would perceive it to...

Here's the theory: Though after death your physical brain would turn into dust, you would only cease to exist to those perceiving you in the normal reference of time. To you, your consciousness would live on forever, in an infinite, relative moment, the moment right before death.

In this little speck of infinity, your mind would become your universe. Also, free from the confines of a physical body, you would experience yourself as your own self-image (the self that you perceive in dreams.) And, consistent with the type of quantum physics where electrons miles apart are observed to interact with eachother as if through some sort of wormhole, you would be able to communicate with every other spirit self, as if on some sort of holographic grid. You know, maybe.

To me, this could explain all sorts of paranormal phonemena. Perhaps some people (mediums) have minds more accessible to the souls that have crossed the death barrier. Perhaps our dreams are only a preview of what it's like to play in the infinite universes that are our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    what about those people who don't get to experience birth, yet they die before they exit the womb...

raverboy
    Those aren't people, silly!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so i'm guessing that you're pro-choice when i'm comes to abortion?? since they aren't people then they do not have souls right?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast