+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: death

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People don't have souls either, we're highly refined sructures of organic matter

dude, time is not a function of the brain. That's as silly as saying that trees are a function of the brain, simply because your brain perceives the existence of trees.

so, you're saying that consciousness transcends all time? did your consciousness already kinda exist back when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth? Did the universe somehow know that earth's mammals would evolve into primates and humans, the one species clever enough to have souls/consciousness? Do your grandchildren's consciousness' already exist on some other level? So, that'd mean there's no free will.

another consequence to consider is this; you're saying that your consciousness/soul or whatever keeps existing after your brain is dead, and transcends time- ie, in a way, it has always existed. Even before your birth. so at some point, it 'moved' into your physical brain when it first developed. So your linear physical self should remember this!

You're not thinking through the consequences of your theory, here. Believe me, my boyfriend studied philosophy (and is currently reading a giant book on quantum physics), and while most of it still baffles me, I can tell you that any serious philosopher could see many gaping holes of logic in that which I didn't notice.

Also, there has been much debate about the meaning of dreams. However, dreams are clearly inspired by random combinations of past experiences, fears (ie, the 'naked in the classroom dream') and recent thoughts. At least mine are...

edit: also.. I do believe that when you're unconscious, you are not still self-conscious or aware. I mean the word does say un-conscious, defined as "not conscious; lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception as if asleep or dead"
    Last edited by Tiay; 08-09-07 at 07:22 AM.

omgz illusional wtf u talkin bout?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Where do you think we go when we die?
    What are you? 5?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Life is for pros

In games like Battlefield 2 and most of CoD, you respawn. ****ing cheap. I think if you die, you should stay dead. Such as in MOH:AA, the most professional and hardcore game God has ever programmed. When you die, you're sorry ass stays dead. The noobs don't respawn. This ensures that only the pros remain.

As FPS Doug has long ago established, there are no respawn points in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Life is for pros

In games like Battlefield 2 and most of CoD, you respawn. ****ing cheap. I think if you die, you should stay dead. Such as in MOH:AA, the most professional and hardcore game God has ever programmed. When you die, you're sorry ass stays dead. The noobs don't respawn. This ensures that only the pros remain.

As FPS Doug has long ago established, there are no respawn points in RL.
    WTH you know fps doug?
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Where do you think we go when we die? Do you think we go through reincarnation? Do you believe that we go to this weird heaven place where we have to worship a god for all eternity? Do you believe we just go somewhere else and live forever? Do you believe there is nothing after life, and that's it? Do you think we turn into ghosts that are unseen and unfelt?

I would like to believe that we go through reincarnation. I don't want to be stuck in a heaven where I have to sit through an eternal church service, and I don't want to go somewhere else. My biggest fear is that after death there is nothing. I don't want that!
    trust me wing,there will be something after death,death is not the end but only a transition.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

there are 100,000,000,000 galaxies with each galazy having over 100,000,000,000 stars and each star with a high probability of life on planets... makes you think about where you go after death.

i dont know where, but i bet we may visit other galaxies after we are gone.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with all this talk about death... and people dying... everyone who believes in life after death and what not must believe that your soul goes somewhere.

what i'm saying.. donut... since i don't believe that people have souls, then would you consider an abortion?? are you pro-choice or prolife?? i'm all about choice because like the rest of us, these blobs of cells called a fetus is nothing more to me that a hassle.. haha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddlemonster View Post
    there are 100,000,000,000 galaxies with each galazy having over 100,000,000,000 stars and each star with a high probability of life on planets... makes you think about where you go after death.

i dont know where, but i bet we may visit other galaxies after we are gone.
    Are you sure that there are 100 trillion galaxies?

I personally, believe that that's very possible, but we, honestly, have no idea how many.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    I was a surfer or a sailor in previous lives.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post

what i'm saying.. donut... since i don't believe that people have souls, then would you consider an abortion?? are you pro-choice or prolife?? i'm all about choice because like the rest of us, these blobs of cells called a fetus is nothing more to me that a hassle.. haha

raverboy
    I am Pro-Choice, but I would not have an abortion, myself. Everyone should have the right to choose, though.

If it has a heartbeat, it's alive, however, if it's still dependent on the mother for survival, it's her body. That is all.

Anyway, how can anyone think they know what happens when you die? Idiotic. Nobody actually knows.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I am Pro-Choice, but I would not have an abortion, myself. Everyone should have the right to choose, though.

If it has a heartbeat, it's alive, however, if it's still dependent on the mother for survival, it's her body. That is all.

Anyway, how can anyone think they know what happens when you die? Idiotic. Nobody actually knows.
    no one knws wats gona happen,but i think wen u r on ur deathbed waiting,u will callout a superior being dat u didnt believ in all ur life.

dolphins have to have souls they can have sex for pleasure

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm against abortion most days. If the little blob of cells has its own unique DNA it doesn't belong to mommy or daddy anymore

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast