+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on this situation please.

Advice on this situation please.

I wonder if anyone can give me advice on this situation.

My girlfriend broke up with me a week before christmas after we had been going out for almost 3 years.
    Her reason was that i wasn't Christian enough for her (i dont go to church or anything). The thing is why did we go out for 3 years then surely she should have told me before this.

Less than 2 weeks later she reckons her friend set her up with another guy. Then 2 more weeks later she reckons she was serious with him.
    The strange thing is she hasn't told me his name and hasn't mentioned him since then.

She keeps contacting me everyweek for stupid reasons (like wanting to take a walk in the park or she's having problems with her car). Surely she would ask her new boyfriend to do these things. I'm starting to wonder whether he exists at all.

I'm confused whether i miss her or just the companionship.

Any advice would really help me.

Whether you are confused or missing companionship is difficult for anyone to answer because nobody knows you better than yourself.
    However it seems an odd situation and reason for her to break up with you. The whole Christian thing seems like something that would be taken into consideration by someone who cared about it at the VERY start of a relationship - not 3 years into one. I've not been here long, but a recurring theme in answers to problems seems to be to "try talking to her" and i think you should stick to that standard advice in this situation.
    If you decide that she is important enough to you that you want to try your best to make it work then talk to her, ask her whether that was the real reason you broke up etc.
    A 3 year relationship (with no major blips besides the ending?) is one worth fighting for in my books so what have you got to lose.
    Whatever you decide to do, or have done, good luck.
    And in the end, the love you take,
    Is equal to the love you make.
    -Lennon and McCartney

Thanks for your advice but iv'e already tried talking to her and it doesn't work. There were a few blips in the relationship though. Like we split up after about 3 months for 2 weeks then got back together.
    Then last year about march i broke it off with her. But then missed her too much after about 3 to 4 months so i asked her back. The relationship kind of got weird after that cause i didn't know if we were back together properly or not. But in saying that, we had a really good time during this period. I'm guess i'm finding it difficult to come to the realization that its over and there is no getting back from here.

If her religion is so important that the person she ends up being with needs to share it with her, you need to consider going to church and maybe converting if you are willing to. You can always give it a chance.

Absolutely bring it up with her and determine if that is what is keeping the relationship from continuing.

If on the other hand you cannot legitimately open yourself up to her beliefs, and she holds steadfast to hers, then you should give yourself plenty of space and time to be apart.

lol she lied about that whole christian thing.

it's pretty typical.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

She's a lier.

Listen mate. I don't think she said this christian thing because she actually thought so, but it was kind of a stupid way of hers of breaking up with you. And if you really want to check it, hang round in the church and do stuff like that and see if her attitude toward you changes. If this actually works, you're lucky enough. And if it dosen't, she's unlucky coz she's missing you out. So chill man! And next time she calls you for stupid stuff, show some arrogance and refuse. Don't ever let her think she can use and throw you anytime she likes. And one more thing, I believe that that angry boyfriend of hers DOSEN'T EXIST! She created him just to tease you, nothing else. Let me know what happens now......lol

Actually, I'm having the same situation with you. My bf broke up with me because I'm not a Christian. But then, we just ended back together because we both miss each other much (maybe because we were together for over 3 years). So, I guess the Christian thing can be a big thing for some people...