+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend plan

anachronistic Guest

weekend plan

not sure what i am going to do this weekend. there are two options.

1. drive with a friend 4 hours away from home, help his uncle and he move out of their house, and then go to a shitty rock concert.

2. sit at home all weekend like i usually do, and work on my 2d game.

i don't know if i want to go with my friend because he smokes and it drives me crazy. i hate the smell of cigarettes, and i don't want to make a big deal out of all that. and it's not just the cigarettes. his family (and i am not saying this to be mean) is not genuinely very clean/healthy. and that drives me insane too.

another reason i don't want to go is because i'll have to take some money with me. i am saving up for shit i need during college, and spending it is not the best thing to do.

but i sit at home every weekend and do the same damn thing. and i haven't hung out with this guy since the beginning of summer. i love to move furniture around and help people. i also love shitty rock concerts.

can you guys give me some pointers? thanks.

who are you going to see?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

if you dont want to sit at home all weekend...then go. Telling your friend you dont like the smell of smoke isn't rude or anything. I'm sure he'll understand and wont take offense. A lot of people dont like the smell of smoke. But in what ways is his family not very "clean/healthy"?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

I wanna try the game!
    What kinda game is it?
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

anachronistic Guest
    1. to answer misombra: i don't know, it's some kind of local band. some of the music he likes is not my type though. he likes all american rejects and all taht other wimpy stuff. i like marilyn manson, cranberries, i like weird shit that you never hear on the radio.

2. to answer steve: he knows i don't like the smell of smoke. i told him before, and he tries really hard to not smoke when i am around.

his family is really dirty. i am not quite sure how to explain it, i don't know anyone that is that filthy. their house is just a true pig sty. like there is cat shit smooshed into the floor and there is cigarette butts entangled in their carpet, they have stuff laying all over their house. i feel like i have to walk in there with my shoes on. it's like a jungle. it smells horrible, as you may imagine. i should take a picture of his house and put it on here. they're getting better, though.

3. it's an rpg. i just got started on it, i haven't done much other than write a long story and work with graphics. i got a good engine that is cross-platform compatible (windows, mac, and linux) and it's program language is similar to C which is one of the most intricate, difficult computer languages there is. and i am pretty damn good at it!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    a shitty rock concert doesn't really sound very fun. why not drink a few shots and then work on your 2d game. i'm sure you'll imagine new ideas that you never thought possible.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    i actually lose my sense of creativity and imagination when i get drunk that's how large it is.

I say save money. but maybe that's just because this trip is zapping my savings...

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    3. it's an rpg. i just got started on it, i haven't done much other than write a long story and work with graphics. i got a good engine that is cross-platform compatible (windows, mac, and linux) and it's program language is similar to C which is one of the most intricate, difficult computer languages there is. and i am pretty damn good at it!
    I can beta test the game for you on all three platforms if you like lilwing. If you do I can send you the specs to see if they meet the requirements to play the game.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i actually lose my sense of creativity and imagination when i get drunk that's how large it is.
    i think it's because you don't keep an open mind. when i'm drunk i feel more relaxed as you should be, then my imagination tends to wander all over the place. half of the time i have no idea where it's at.

raverboy

You need to get drunk a bit when working a game, lol. I've been working on lots of games and its hard and very routine work, especially drawing the tiles.
    Don't expect anything.

anachronistic Guest
    woo! turns out my friend can't do it. he has to do something else... phew.

one of my friends gave me a bottle of wine today. they didn't want it. cheers

edit: i already drank the whole bottle. it didn't do shit.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 14-07-07 at 09:07 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well then get another bottle of wine. the first bottle is always a tease.

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    too late for that, babaloo.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well it's still the weekend, so why not give it another try?? that is if you can get someone to get more liquor for you.

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast