+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: let's start a new post in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Okay. I'm heading down to CalTech for the 17th and back Sept 4. After that. I'll send you the link for the drink recipe & basic info meantime.

Miso, Vash (and anyone else)? Want to do it too? Misery loves company after all...
    are you talking about a fast? i did one a few years ago and i felt great too. and yeah by the third day i was looking at every food sign on the street and wishing i could eat it. then after a while i wasn't hungry at all. it was good. i have to do it with others now cause my will isn't so strong anymore. so yeah, i'm in.

hey giga could you come over and tape my mouth shut for me?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    are you talking about a fast? i did one a few years ago and i felt great too. and yeah by the third day i was looking at every food sign on the street and wishing i could eat it. then after a while i wasn't hungry at all. it was good. i have to do it with others now cause my will isn't so strong anymore. so yeah, i'm in.

hahaha, you wanted to eat the signs? i would never put myself through that kind of torture. i stuff my ass with food!

wait a second...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

Ya, its a fast. I've done it before for 10 days. Works well; I modified mine tho. I allowed myself to eat fruit the first 3 days (or if I was starving), but after that I really didn't need anything other than the lemon drink & water. Dieticians don't like it, but I think its fine so long as you don't have diabetes or anything. The cocktail contains sugar (maple syrup) so you aren't starving yourself, just dropping the protein, fat & starches. I had headaches the first 3 days (prbly from no tea/coffee) but I felt great after that. I skipped the am salt water flush, but did the pm tea.

You can buy cleanses too, but this one works & its free. Here's an article w/the recipe:

[url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/article718220.ece[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    what? didn't we just get through saying how not good rapid weight loss is?

You'll loose more water and muscle (things that HELP you loose fat) than fat itself, and that's just dumb.
    Noone is recommending a fast for weight loss, Tiay. Yogis, monks & various cultures have used fasts for thousands of years as a way to promote health. There's a lot of crap in our diets, even ones that are moderate & balanced.

Have you ever done one?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Count me out; I'm with Tiay and the dietitians. I don't think this sort of diet is healthy. Have fun, though.

BTW - I don't know about monks, but I thought fasting associated with religious orders were more about spiritual health rather than physical health...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i did a juice fast and i eased into it. i ate nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables for a few days and then just did juice. my favorites were orange juice and carrot/apple juice.

fasting is very good for a persons body. your digestive system can finally digest some of the stuff that's been hanging around your intestinal walls rotting there. ew.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I went on one of those 'fruit only' cleanses a few months back. Lost about 8 lbs in 10 days.
    Noone is recommending a fast for weight loss, Tiay.
    oh, so you're saying, you'll loose 8 lbs in 10 days, but you're not doing it for that reason? Oh, well in that case, loosing 8 lbs in 10 days isn't harmful at all anymore, after all, your mentally not doing it for that reason; that changes everything! [/sarcasm]

Yogis, monks & various cultures have used fasts for thousands of years as a way to promote health.
    eheheh.. I happen to live in a building full of monks, and otherwise non-mainstream religious people. There's one in the apartment, actually. I bump into her in the kitchen now and then so I have to play along a bit. At the moment, she's started 'a new chapter' and her body is 'cleansing itself'. Also, I was assembling my fan and it didn't work, so I asked her to help me with it; we re-assembled the last few parts as I had done before, and this time it worked! and she said "ah, the energy was just right this time"

seriously, if religion is your source of rationalising something.. god help you.

There's a lot of crap in our diets, even ones that are moderate & balanced.
    this, I agree with. I actually very much like the sound of 'cleansing your digestion', 'cos my digestion obviously hates me. *sob* I've been treating it so well and still it wont forgive me! I just don't think that loosing so much water, muscle and other things the body needs should be a part of it.
    Last edited by Tiay; 26-07-07 at 11:19 PM.

Haha you crack me up, ive been gifted with a flat tummy as well, but i got a booty to go with it too haha

anachronistic Guest
    starving yourself to lose weight is just plain ****in' stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by lovestoned View Post
    Haha you crack me up, ive been gifted with a flat tummy as well, but i got a booty to go with it too haha
    post a picture or stfu. that's all i have to say.

ignore him, lovestoned, he's trying to take advantage of your newbie-ness. nobody has to post pictures if they don't want to.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oh, so you're saying, you'll loose 8 lbs in 10 days, but you're not doing it for that reason? Oh, well in that case, loosing 8 lbs in 10 days isn't harmful at all anymore, after all, your mentally not doing it for that reason; that changes everything! [/sarcasm]
    That's correct. I don't do cleanses for weight loss. And I don't require sarcasm to get a point across either.

seriously, if religion is your source of rationalising something.. god help you.
    That's funny! And I'm about as anti-religion as they come, lol, so no that's not my reason.

I just don't think that loosing so much water, muscle and other things the body needs should be a part of it.
    [/quote]

I will ask again: have you ever done one Tiay? Do you have any hard data about how much muscle you lose on a fast such as this, or is this just your opinion? Catabolic processes to lose significant muscle mass take a lot longer than 10 days, esp since there is sugar in this 'diet' so you don't need to break down amino acids to produce fuel via gluconeogenesis. In my experience, the weight I lost was mostly stuff from my intestines. I did not lose muscle as I was working out my reg 3X a week.

Anyway, I used to think like you did about these things, then one day decided to simply try to see what the big deal is. Honestly, for most ppl the value is in developing the self-discipline to hold to such a diet for the duration and the physical benefits of getting away from the crap we eat & cleaning out our digestive system.

But to each their own, I say.

no, I've never done one. but I know that if you're not very overweight, you cannot loose more than 1 pound, 2 at most a week of body fat. So the rest was something else; did you have 7 lbs of crap in your gut? that sounds unlikely. I'm no expert, and i'm sure such cleanses can be done in a healthy way.. but.. i'm not sure about this one at all.

The weight comes back- you're not actually losing it. More like... misplacing it. That cleanse is amazing, IMO. I've done it a couple of times and the thing that really thrills me about it is how my skin looks afterward, especially if I do spa treatments as well, like an herbal wrap and salt glow.

I feel so much more clear-headed, too.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no, I've never done one. but I know that if you're not very overweight, you cannot loose more than 1 pound, 2 at most a week of body fat. So the rest was something else; did you have 7 lbs of crap in your gut? that sounds unlikely.
    Apparently, 7 - 10 lbs of mucus, undigestable gunk & bacterial shit (literally) inside us isn't uncommon. We've got a lot of tubing in there.

Have a look at these photos (warning: gross)
    [url]http://www.lohanbehold.com/mastercleanse/[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    ignore him, lovestoned, he's trying to take advantage of your newbie-ness. nobody has to post pictures if they don't want to.
    I am not. I would say the same thing to you if you were bragging about your looks, but on the other hand, i know what you look like.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast