+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: let's start a new post in this forum

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    at 13 you don't need all this shit. you're body is still growing and you don't really need to start lifting yet. i would probably wait until you're a little older and you're body has started to develop more. and of course, you're gonna need testosterone to build muscles so without any hair on your hair, all this lifting is pretty much worthless.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Jimmy, you should check out some of the pictures of neoseminole in the gallery, maybe PM him and ask him for advice, though what 'wing suggested sounds perfectly good.

Lil'wing- you should consider doing this cleanse too. I know what kind of stuff you eat. You're ripe for it.
    Spammer Spanker

i saw them. strong man, but he might just googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Apparently, 7 - 10 lbs of mucus, undigestable gunk & bacterial shit (literally) inside us isn't uncommon. We've got a lot of tubing in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The weight comes back.
    but if it that weight is indigestible gunk and such, it wouldn't come right back afterwards. I bet if there's no protein, some of it is muscle weight that takes a little while to come back afterwards, and most of it is probably water. I'm really curious how making yourself dehydrated for a few days could make you feel so good.

Y'know, if a GP told me to try this, I totally would. my digesting is in the crapper (pun intended). Just yesterday, I had this weird cramp, so much so that I couldn't stand up straight. the odd part: I pushed into my stomach right where it was, and something *gurgled* in there. I massaged it a bit, and the whole thing went away. WEIRD huh?

Tiay - I don't have a problem w/bacteria. Some is good, most is not (for us) which is why it stays on the outside unless internal conditions are such that its allowed to flourish. H. pylori, for example (the bacteria that causes ulcers) occurs naturally in all of us, but can take over under the wrong conditions and make us ill.
    but what if you already have an overgrowth of something bad there? will it be allowed to take over completely in the absence of your 'good' bacteria? I bet this would pretty much obliterate the effectiveness of the pill, too. I also take medication for hypothyroidism- would those pills get digested properly? who knows. there's too many grey areas for me.

Anyway, as I said, if you don't like the idea noone is forcing you to do anything.
    you really invite sarcasm sometimes, y'know! of course I knew this.

But make sure you understand your own arguments against (or for) and understand why (or for who) you are making them. I knew all the reasons you are stating, but I also know a lot about basic human physiology & biochemistry. And this info was conflicting w/the experiences and things ppl were telling me (like dieticians saying its unhealthy). And since I have a pretty high opinion of my own opinion (ha) I decided to try for myself. I think the dieticians have the longterm diet thing down, but they don't understand these short term fasts nearly as well.
    I make arguments not really for anyone in particular, really. Debate is how you learn new things, I guess? I just like it. You could be right. it seems there's a lot more to it than is really properly understood by *anyone*.

You don't get dehydrated at all- you're drinking the stuff all day, flushing yourself out.

God, the idea is sounding really good right about now, especially since I'm stuffing my piehole with pita bread and hummus at the moment and I know we're making pizza for dinner. Great. Starch and cheese all over the place.

Actually, flushing out your system immediately after loading it with starch and cheese would be a really bad idea. When I've done this in the past, I've cut out starch and cheese specifically at least four days beforehand, then cut out meat two days before, eating only fruit and raw vegetables the two days before. So much kinder to yourself, for sure.

I think I'm going to do this starting on the 5th- I have my daughter on alternate weeks and I try to eat in front of her every day, and she'll be going back to her dad's house on the 4th.

I hope Cali Boy doesn't freak out. He really tries hard to make amazing food every day, and now I won't be eating any of it for at least a week.
    Spammer Spanker

oh yeah, that's also weird. I was gonna say, but then how does a diet consisting of *juice* make you loose water weight? but I forgot to. That's weird. Maybe it's water weight in the form of all the mucus that usually lines your gut? dunno, that's a blind guess.

yeah I'm pretty sure my digestion is imbalanced already- I have the feeling it's from the antibiotics I had to take for an ear infection like two years ago. or did I already mention that..?

I don't think so, if so I missed it. I think antibiotics can really mess you up.

I wonder how much antibiotic-related stomach problems occur when people eat meat that's full of the stuff? We Americans are full of them, and most of us don't even know it.
    Spammer Spanker

hm. Yeah, that was 2 years ago. It was pretty bad, ie, I was in bed for about a week feeling like total shit with this ear thing. couldn't hear much in that ear for a while, and it still gets weird sometimes (probably residual fluid in the middle ear, i'm told). Anyway, since then, i've had three yeast infections. One of those was probably from the glycerine in KY jelly, which shouldn't have affected me unless I was already prone to it. The other two just popped seemingly out of nowhere, the first one even before I was having sex, so it's not that...
    meh.. i'm just screwed.

I suggest you take advantage of the fact that you're in the States and go see a Doctor of Oriental Medicine while you're here. I'll bet you could be helped.

I just looked at that gross poop link that Indi posted (and I'd like to add, eeeew), and I am wondering if anyone has seen a website trashing the Master Cleanse that wasn't selling a product (and selling it for a lot) designed to do the same thing? Makes the opinion of the person writing the opinion suspect, in my mind.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    jimmy, that's a little too much exercise to be doing at your age. i didn't start exercising until i was on the wrestling team in high school, which was nearly hitting cement to me.

if you're not seeing any improvement, you may be doing something wrong.

Jimmy, you should check out some of the pictures of neoseminole in the gallery, maybe PM him and ask him for advice, though what 'wing suggested sounds perfectly good.

Lil'wing- you should consider doing this cleanse too. I know what kind of stuff you eat. You're ripe for it.
    no thanks. i have cleaned up my appetite a bit, i don't eat chips as much. i have been eating peanuts, cheese, getting a few fruits and vegetables in there too. about 2/3 of every single course i eat is meat. starvation is my worst enemy.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I just looked at that gross poop link that Indi posted (and I'd like to add, eeeew), and I am wondering if anyone has seen a website trashing the Master Cleanse that wasn't selling a product (and selling it for a lot) designed to do the same thing? Makes the opinion of the person writing the opinion suspect, in my mind.
    [url]http://blog.healthtalk.com/zimney/master-cleanse-diet-master-scam/[/url]

Of course, I don't think there is any evidence that this cleanse *doesn't* work, but it helps to explain what is happening physiologically to the body. It probably wouldn't hurt an otherwise-healthy person, but overall, it doesn't look particularly healthy, either.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-07-07 at 03:26 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

aha, I found a version for people with yeastiness problems; [url]http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/modified_lemonade_diet.htm[/url]

as I suspected, this also says that the amounts of maple syrup present in the regular lemonade diet would feed the yeast like crazy and leave you much worse off.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    aha, I found a version for people with yeastiness problems; [url]http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/modified_lemonade_diet.htm[/url]

as I suspected, this also says that the amounts of maple syrup present in the regular lemonade diet would feed the yeast like crazy and leave you much worse off.
    You mentioned you have a thyroid condition. I wouldn't recommend *anything* to anyone w/an existing condition. But at the same time, I think we live in a risk-adverse society & tend to kidglove things that aren't really necessary. I also think we are very overmedicated, as Giga said.

There are lots of different types of cleanses. MasterCleanse is just one. You can do fruit only, fruit & veg only, raw fruit & veg only, juice only, water only (extreme, IMO)... you get the idea. That whole 'modified Atkins/South Beach diet' that is being touted by MD, etc. is just really a 'starch-free' diet at the other end of the spectrum.

Find something that works for you, I say (and don't be afraid to try, within reason). And what works for some may be shit (sorry, pun intended) for you, so you may have to experiment a bit. Or not, as you feel necessary.

yeah, I think anything that stops me from digesting/absorbing stuff would be a bad thing for me, especially right now- I was pretty damn anaemic recently, I gotta absorb my iron supplement, my thyroid stuff, my BC pill. I wouldn't wanna miss those

plus, irritating your bowels with cayenne pepper does not sound pleasant. whatever floats your boat I guess.

I just did a ton of research on yeast cleansing type diets. this one seems good;

[url]http://www.pureliquidgold.com/candida-diet.htm[/url]

though, expect for the grapefruit seed extract, that's a total scam, according to wikipedia. But the rest of that makes a lot of sense. the most important thing for me would be to avoid yeast, and limit carbs.

to be honest, what makes it so frustrating is that i'm already doing a lot of these things; I don't eat cheese or in fact any dairy product other than nonfat plain probiotic yogurt, which is a good thing. I eat more than enough fiber. I take a probiotic supplement. I do not drink alcohol or caffeine, I dislike mushrooms anyway, I try to avoid sugars of any kind (even when they call it "evaporated cane juice crystals"), etc. I mean wtf? die already, yeast, die!

fasting is good for people. animals do the same thing too. it's natural. cavemen and women didn't sit around their caves and just have food whenever they wanted it.

there's too much food.

but that'll be alleviated when there are massive food shortages due to drought.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast