she lives in texas and I live in alabama I just want
    to know do you think we'll ever really be together
    we talk to eachother everday and when we
    don't we tell each other how much we missed eachother
    and everything

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's cool. My 21 year old friend just got over his myspace "love" of over a year. They were always serenading each other and leaving cutsie wootsie comments on each other's pages. Talking about how much they "loved" each other and how they were gonna get married in...4 years...now that she just got out of high school and all.

Suddenly, one day, she disappears from his friends list and all her comments are deleted.

I can tell you right now the chances of you guys ever "being together" will be slim to none unless one of you starts making trips to see each other...very soon.

Have you heard of "IRL"? That stands for In Real Life, and that's where love actually happens. What you've got going on right now is a simulation. It's addictive and fun, but it's not the real thing.

Enjoy it thoroughly for what it is, but don't mistake it for something it's not.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Have you heard of "IRL"? That stands for In Real Life, and that's where love actually happens. What you've got going on right now is a simulation. It's addictive and fun, but it's not the real thing.

Enjoy it thoroughly for what it is, but don't mistake it for something it's not.
    Listen to Giga.

I have to say it OVER AND OVER again, but she knows stuff.

i prefer you make relationships with people you MEET and not over the net cause people living over the net might live very far away from you, so you guys cant meet. Also you cant really see the whole picture, you cant really know her by just chatting on the net.

MySpace ruins people's lives. Period.

thanks alot guys you all depressed the shit out of me
    exect for thelonius thanks

thelonius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hearshotkd View Post
    thanks alot guys you all depressed the shit out of me
    Sorry man, but as I previously mentioned, long distance relationships rarely work so just take it easy -- literally.

Sometimes, even relationships [in the flesh], can get easily ruined by long distance. Back in my college days, I had a relationship with this girl for the entire spring semester. At that time, what we had for each other was one of the best things in life that [almost] anyone could ask for. At the end of the semester, however, we had to go our own separate ways as she decided to head back home to be with her mother, and work for the summer with the employer that she had known for the past three years. I on the other hand, decided to stay for summer school and work part-time via the college' summer work program. Throughout the summer that we're apart, I managed to visit her twice, but we spoke on the phone mostly. Unfortunately, our phone conversations lead to one misunderstanding after another, to the point that we broke up on the very first day she returned for the fall semester.

In your case, work on it on a daily basis, and be prepared for circumstances that will not work in your favor. If it works, then that's great for you! If it doesn't, well, at least the loss won't be too hurtful of an experience.

The only online relationship that's worth a damn is my online relationship with Aegis. I heart him.
    Spammer Spanker

Ok well if I will say something not depressing then...

A good friend of the family used a dating hook-up site to meet someone through the internets and then they finally met and bla bla bla. They are now married and have a kid a decent house with a good neighbourhood. I know sounds like Vain is bullshitting extravanganza right here..but I am completely serious that shit worked out for the guy.

Don't mean it will work out for you but its not impossible to have a working relationship over the internets and then meeting and getting to know each other in person. There is a chance it will work out but sooner or later whether it does or not you will have to face the real world instead of a screen.

I had to deal with the same problem and the sooner its over and done with dating and related becomes much easier.

It's not gonna work. I had a 4 years long distance relationship before. We even chat on line and called each other everyday in first two years. And we met in person as well. But you just cannot help it, distance!! You cannot live in your dream forever. You need a real person who you can touch and talk face to face.

Stirfry Guest
    That isnt love.

Im in a long distant relationship for 4 and a half years, we live in different continent. We met in a trip in my country, we fallen in love, at first wasn't seriously, but love for each one can do anything, he visit me each year, i visit him one year. we trust each other, we said that if one find another person have to say it, it didn't happen. the main of the relationship is an open comunication, and no to hide something. it could be work it out.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only way this will last is if you find a way to be together, physically. Otherwise, its just a matter of time. For now, you two are satifiying some emotional needs, but when someone comes along for either of you who can do that, and is physically close, it will be 'goodbye'.

that's true. ive been on the same situation but we were soooooo much farther from each other, as he lives on the opposite side of the Earth. we both have admitted it to each other of the possibilities but we were both too stubborn to let go. eventually, one will leave the other.

my advice is, meet her soon as you can if you really want it to work. it's just like waiting for a bomb to blow, the more you prolong the detonating process, the greater danger it is you're facing. i agree with what IndiReloaded has said, it's just a matter of time. it's either you do something about it ASAP and meet her, or just walk away to spare yourself from greater damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast