+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting Conversation

Starting Conversation

After reading some of the posts, I realize that almost everyone were friends with their gf before they got into a relationship.

So you have to be friends with her first right? And how do you strike a friendship/conversation with a girl? I just moved and have a new school. When I talk to girls, my mouth gets dry, and suddenly i'm speechless (nothing to say), forget what i'm thinking, avoided eye contact the same time. Thats a very very bad sign. How do i get over that? Just some problems me and my buddies came up with. Better get well prepared before the real jazz starts.

I wasn't friends with my girlfriend before we started dating.

Man I used to be like you though, hardly able to make any eye contact at all with girls. All myself and others can do is tell you and encourage you not to do those things. It's ultimately up to you to get over it as hard as it can be.

Yeah, i guess. But when you hang out with your gf, what do you people usually chat about? Cause I'm a really boring guy around girls with nothing to say.

Stirfry Guest
    Not all couples are friends to begin with. I'd say it's about 50/50. It's a good idea to get to know the person a little first, just go with what feels okay. If you're more comfortable being friends first, thats fine.
    Conversation doesn't have to be difficult. Try to find some common interests, ask general questions without being too nosy.
    Nervousness is normal. If you're comfortable with yourself, and confident that you can be charming and likeable, she'll see that. Girls are nothing to be fearful of.. they're like guys, except more superficial and silly.
    If you start getting panicky, just think that there could be far worse situations.. and girls get just as nervous about this stuff as guys do, if not more.
    Hope that helped

yeah it really did. thanks the answers people!

Well with my girlfriend when at first I ran out of things to say I would just stare her in the eyes not like creeper-ish staring but everytime it made the silence less awkward and thats also how I had my first kiss way back when.

cool. can anyone write me a little script (conversation) when on a date or speaking to girls?? you dont know how wordless i get around women.

guess so. i'll work that out myself. but speaking to girls is like speaking to guys except in a nicer way right?

do you just get nervous talking to girls you like or all girls? if it's just girls you like, you can "practice" on girls that you'd just want to be friends with or something like that. honestly, talk to girls like you would talk to any of your friends, just be less vulgar. i went to an all girls school from age 3-18, so when i finally got in contact with boys at age 15, i just talked to them like i would any of my girlfriends (i guess just a little flirtier), and i turned out just fine. there's nothing more annoying than a girl who acts one way around girls and a completely different way around boys. i would venture to say it's the same for guys. just be yourself.

anachronistic Guest
    yes, just *wing* it

you'll feel like an idiot if you take a script along/memorize it.