+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilema

Dilema

I seem to be caught in a reoccurring dilemma, one that involves a male.

About a year ago, a dear friend and I had a falling out. We haven't talked since then, and he since has moved. Our only method of communication had been AIM, because of how busy he had been. Last I checked, he had me blocked, but upon returning to an older name of mine, I found that he had unblocked me.

I've been yearning to make amends to him since our argument. I tried right after it happened and I've sent out numerous letters, emails, and phone calls. All of which were ignored. I haven't tried to contact him for about 6 months, and since I found out about his unblocking of me, I want to try and contact him.

Should I leave him be, or attempt to communicate with him? :\

All of my friends tell me to let it go and forget about him, but I can't seem to forget how close we were. Once I am involved in a friendship, I hold that person very close to me, and am quite unwilling to let that person go.. Perhaps I am being obsessive? Comments? Suggestions? Blunt ones are also welcome..

I am 18 and female.
    Last edited by xFayex; 28-07-07 at 02:12 PM.

give him space

I've given him space for over a year. He's not the type to come forward first.. I think he's cooled down by now. Do you think I should give up on the whole notion?

We've had a fight like this before, and made up which is why I'm questioning.

Why would you want to? You have a volatile relationship with someone who takes things too far. Now you have an opportunity to just walk away from it.

Do it. He's a drama addict. Are you?
    Spammer Spanker

I think the cruel truth is that he's dating someone else because he moved.

Just let him go, there is little chance of anything good coming out of this relationship

From a guys perspective...

"Once I am involved in a friendship, I hold that person very close to me, and am quite unwilling to let that person go.. "

You sure theres nothing else your trying to get out of this? Seems like you want more than friendship

In honestly for a guy to go as far as blocking you from aim or contact just because things didnt work out is childish. What is he ? 5? Do you really value the friendship of someone who lets something as small as this get between your friendship?

Save your energy to find a real friend.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What did you do? Perhaps it was unforgiveable.

In any case, I don't see that he has done much wrong. He has a right to no longer want to be your friend. Oh, and the "unblocking when you went back to an old name"?? Maybe he just forgot to block that name.

Move on. He doesn't wish to continue your one-sided friendship, and yes, you are being obsessive.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Let him go... One year is a lot of time...he might be seeing someone else. Juat move on
    n the middle of difficulty lies opportunity