+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so i sees this girl walk past me today...

so i sees this girl walk past me today...

...and i get those urges that i NEED to at least introduce myself to the girl...but the closer i get to her the more nervous i get...so i just pass up that oppurtunity...what is wrong with me? and then i start to question...how do i know when it's worth it to go up to someone and just find out their name? some guys do it naturally when they introduce themselves to someone but that's cuz they are used to it...but what about the few of us that aren't used to just meeting new people? i'm just used to being comfortable, maybe my comfort zone needs to be larger than it currently is...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

The key is to make eye contact. After that there is no turning back if your walking in her direction. Stay away from catchy phrases though, they are so second mellenium.

so after eye contact then what? just say hey?
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Yeah, just go up to her and ask her to hang out some time. I am pretty shy, but if you just ignore everyone else but her for that moment it will be alot easier.

One "exercise" I heard of (that makes a LOT of sense to me) is to introduce and ask for girls numbers every day. Until you get TEN rejections a day. In the beginning, you'll be so nervous that many girls will reject you. But the more you do it, the more natural it becomes to ask a completely stranger for their number. And the more natural and confident you act while asking, the more likely they are to say yes. It's a quick way to turn it around. But you have to get out there and start doing it. So go somewhere where you won't see the people every again (a club, an amusement park, etc.) and let the rejections begin.

Alexi

you know what? i was jsut about to think that too...i'm gonna go crazy this saturday and get people's numbers...

I wouldnt do that. Too much rejection is not good for your self esteem.
    You 'd better start by asking 'normal' questions. Just go to few girls and ask them f.i. the time.

oh i know, i was just joking, or being sarcastic. one of the two.