+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this guy like me or what?

Does this guy like me or what?

I am so frustrated with this guy at work. I can't tell any more whether he likes me or not because he acts differently every day! Some days I think he couldn't be more obvious about it, then the next day he ignores me or we have minimal contact. I need an outside opinion.

I started getting "vibes" that he was interested because he is all the time picking on me and often makes special trips over to see me to do it. He acts like a pretty cocky guy most of the time. He loves to tease me, he admitted it because he says the way I react is funny; that I "blow up" at simple things, things I know he's joking about. He picks on me about my tastes in books and movies(he later admitted he likes the same things, but picks on ME about it!), the way I act, how old I am(a whopping 1 year older than he, but he likes to say I look like an old lady; I'm early 20s.), the way my hair looks(like "did you do something to your hair" "it looks "weird"/"different" today), everything! He jokes about my name, calls me by stupid nicknames, made a stupid little dance for me. He'll tell people(jokingly), right in front of me, that I begged him to go out and do things with me and he only did it because he wanted to be nice, and then loves to hear me protest it to who ever he said it too. I was reading at work and he insulted my reading ability because I was using a bookmark to keep my place. Then the rest of the time, he acts nice to me and asks me questions about myself and responds and tells me what he likes. If I get serious with him and express something that's bothering me, he'll also become serious and offer suggestions. If I walk past him he'll greet me, ask me how I'm doing. He is all the time laughing and smiling around me. So all this and you'd think he's at least interested, right?

NO! Other times I get ignored completely! Like he'll be 10 feet away and I"ll be sure that he's coming to talk to me, but then he'll just walk off. I added him as a friend on myspace and facebook and even sent him a message, but he doesn't respond to it. I'll ask him a question about something and he'll answer really quickly and walk off like he's not interested in talking to me.

He drives me CRAZY! I'll admit that I was annoyed with him in the beginning, but I've since started developing a "crush" on this guy in response to all the attention I get. But at this point, I don't know whether to give up on it or what. He can literally flirt like crazy with me one day and not say a word to me next day. What is UP? He makes me so mad! XD

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Next time he is being annoying, ask him when he is going to man up and ask you out already.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

...or just slap him.

he sounds dumb.
    Last edited by misombra; 30-07-07 at 12:28 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

he's so immmature. dump him and try to hurt his feelings.

I think you're lucky that he's too immature/ mentally challenged to have asked you out yet. You don't want this guy as a boyfriend because:

1. You work together. This is BAD.
    2. He acts like an eighth grader.
    3. There are, apparently, at least two of him in there.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    He acts like an eighth grader
    Hey, what's wrong with eighth graders?

But like I said, HURT HIS FEELINGS. It makes you feel good.

I think he likes you, maybe he is just afraid to commit. He may also just want to see your reactions and personality to make sure you are his type before he asks you out.

Play hard to get, get in on this game.

;-)