+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Truthiness

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    This is what we call a white lie, and it is the most common lie there it.
    nahh, get outta here? even if i liked the way the tattoo looked? heh.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    nahh, get outta here? even if i liked the way the tattoo looked? heh.
    If you liked the tattoo then you would be telling the truth. Look up white lie and you will see what I am talking about.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    If you liked the tattoo then you would be telling the truth. Look up white lie and you will see what I am talking about.
    i know what you're talking about now. if i didn't like that tattoo i would tell him that, but i would throw in either way that i don't like tattoos.

we have all lied at one point. even thefallenheart.
    do not give me a slander, i have never lied.

lets take the tattoo thingy. i do not give a damn either way. a tattoo is just a thing. its stuff. if a friend wants a more colourful hide that is their bussiness entierly. i am indifferent.
    but i will say something nice about it. like that is is colourful, or it is striking, bold or distinctive.

none of these are lies. not even white ones.

that is why i can say with a clear concience thet i can not remember ever telling a lie. ever.

hardly my falt if the world is steeped in sin and deception to the point where untruthis common place.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by thefallenheart View Post
    To be believed, a statement like this requires independent verification from your mother.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest

lets take the tattoo thingy. i do not give a damn either way. a tattoo is just a thing. its stuff. if a friend wants a more colourful hide that is their bussiness entierly. i am indifferent.
    but i will say something nice about it. like that is is colourful, or it is striking, bold or distinctive.

none of these are lies. not even white ones.

that is why i can say with a clear concience thet i can not remember ever telling a lie. ever.

hardly my falt if the world is steeped in sin and deception to the point where untruthis common place.
    please, fallenheart, cease with the bullshit. i just went through several of your posts. i find your views on a lot of things to be very pessimistic and even in this post. "the world is steeped in sin and deception" you quoted this before. you're repeating yourself.

you're lying to yourself. not only that but:

the only answer that could possibly be right to utter is:

Bigger Than Yours!
    this is most likely a lie

i use to have a mono-brow. i got rid of it with the purifying beauty of flame in the form of matches. if you do it right it kills the hair folicles but does not leave a perminent scar.

or you could pluck it. that always works.
    i really hope this is a lie or you are an idiot.

anyhow, this argument is pointless. you simply cannot prove that you have never lied, and i can't prove that you have lied, but now, which is more probable?

the last thig you have meticulesly quoted was after lots of alcohol (but it did work and left no mark). the others were a truthfull opinion. key word there truthfull, so why would i want to change it into something it is not.

if you had had to live through the bullshit i have lived through you would become a pessemist. although i like to think of myself as a realist.

the one about anotomical size was a joke. i trust you got it? the idea behind it being that most men will not give a definative answer unless said answer is one better than anyone elses would be.
    Last edited by thefallenheart; 02-08-07 at 05:41 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    To be believed, a statement like this requires independent verification from your mother.
    Haha. Yes, indeed.

theFallen, here's a thought for you just to perhaps broaden your mind: there are some cultures that believe it is the height of immaturity to believe that 'the truth' should always be told.

There are ppl in this world, some of whom I've met, who seem to believe that it is their right to be compulsively honest, even if it means that someone is hurt. I believe that, whenever one chooses *any* words, one should think about what it is you are hoping to gain by using them. Or by not using them, in the case of lying by omission.

anachronistic Guest
    too much bother. besides, how would you know it wasent me under a different name useing a library computer?

besides i have never had a reason to lie. if i dis agree with some one i tell them. i react to all situations with out deception. for example the time some one tried to take my wage packet of me at knife point; i broke his jaw and left him uncoincious in the street. that is acting to my nature. anything else would be a deception.

just because i am truthful does not mean i am a damn fool.
    call me a bit skeptical but who would really jump to that conclusion? have you been accused of that? sounds like something a stalker would do.

nobody is calling names here. no need to get offensive.

please, fallenheart, cease with the bullshit. i just went through several of your posts. i find your views on a lot of things to be very pessimistic and even in this post. "the world is steeped in sin and deception" you quoted this before. you're repeating yourself.
    well, the name explains a lot doesn't it?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that most men will not give a definative answer unless said answer is one better than anyone elses would be.
    Seems like something most people would do.

In any case, truth is subjective to begin with.

Not telling the truth was your bf's problem...there are all kinds of people in this goddam world, and the personality of one doesnt really reflect the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    Not telling the truth was your bf's problem...there are all kinds of people in this goddam world, and the personality of one doesnt really reflect the whole picture.
    So true. And everybody lies anyway, to begin it with. White lies or cold-hearted-made-up-lies-just-to-avoid-trouble lies, it's all just the same...all lies. And we're all guilty of that, even you. So the key here is, trust your instincts...if your instincts are trustworthy.

lies are terrible, even if its just "oh yeah you look great" no matter what it is I hate lies. why would you want to lie, anyone? its just stupid.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, in that case, those jeans DO make your ass look fat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast