+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truthiness

Truthiness

Why do you guys lie to us about things? Why can't you just tell the truth?

Why do you girls lie to us about things? Why can't you just tell the truth?

I'm completely honest with everybody unless it's not my place to be honest.

I'm assuming this post is the response to some event. Maybe you should elaborate?

Also, I've had more girls lie to me than guys. But maybe that's just bad luck
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

anachronistic Guest
    i've heard this question a million god damn times. this should be stickied so that i don't stick a pencil in my ear.

some guys lie and some don't. well let me clean that up a bit. we, as human beings are flawed. one of our flaws is lying. everybody has lied at one point or another. those people that lie to you just haven't learned that it's silly to lie. that's all. lying is a trait of immaturity. and don't just shove it all on the men. i know women that lie too. i also know women that don't lie.

i have never lied to a woman face to face i cant do it its not right however theres been 1 or 2 times were ive lied over the phone when tehy ask me about someone or something.

if u meant they lie to you in a relationship then taht sucks but personally have never ever lied to any of my girlfreinds

LostNotFound Guest
    when you lie you always have to remember what you said.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most people only lie to avoid getting in trouble.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have never lied. i can say that honestly (yes i realise that if that statement is a lie then you have a paradox thingy, don't point it out).

and in my personal honest experience about 70% - 80% of the lies and deceptions and cruel whip and japes that i have been subject to are from woman.

yes some men lie, yes some woman lie (usually the ones that i get to know).

because they're scared you'll turn to some maniac and punch them with your manly fists.

pfft, not only the men lies. EVERYONE DOES. lying isnt sex-based OR gender based... its not even relative.

people lie because they're trying to avoid dealing with the wrong things they know they did. who wants to get in trouble? no one. but some are just man enough to own up to their mistakes, so they tell the truth.

people lie because they dont want to hurt your feelings, and hoping that they can "sort of" balance out their karmas by doing something good or just expecting everything to be forgotten or that itll turn out okay.

OT question though, would you consider "not telling anything" lying? or maybe skipping out some tinee winee details but ARE significant, you know..to stay out of trouble.

I totally deserve a million dollars.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I totally deserve a million dollars.
    And I deserve a centillion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiesxrevenge View Post
    Why do you guys lie to us about things? Why can't you just tell the truth?
    You mother focking ugly stupid homosexual retarded asshole. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    You mother focking ugly stupid homosexual retarded asshole. Hope that helps.
    yeah really helps...idiot.

the reason i ask is because my boyfriend has lied to me but i realised something today so it's all good.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Can someone please define the term "lie"? I feel like anyone that doesn't lie (by strict definition) is either lobotomized, can't grasp the concept of right & wrong, or isn't thinking hard enough.

Or maybe I really am that much more deceitful than the general population. I feel like I'm mostly normal though.
    to lie is to conceal the truth.

we have all lied at one point. even thefallenheart.

as vashti said, lots of people lie to avoid getting in trouble, or in your case, to be nice to someone. can't you see how immature it is? once again, this is a bit hypocritical, as even i lie, but i want to simply make a point. mature people will take responsibility for their actions rather than to lie about it and avoid getting in trouble. no?

if someone asked me if i had earned a million dollars, i wouldn't feel like i earned a million dollars. i would tell them "hey, i do know someone that i believe deserves this money." i would take them to someone i know that could really use the money now.. he is having lots of issues. still holding through!

if a friend came up and showed me his tattoo, i would compliment him on how cool i think the tatoo looks but then throw in how i don't like tattoos and wished he didn't get one. still not really lying, i think.

in maggie's case, i certainly would never lie to my girlfriend. after a few months of being with a girl, i start to get really close to them. eventually they become my best friend i share everything with. it gets to the point where i would never lie to them or hurt them, and would die to save them.

oh and maggie, it's best to just ignore comments of the type jimmie made. we all know it was immature, and hopefully by you ignoring it, he will learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    if a friend came up and showed me his tattoo, i would compliment him on how cool i think the tatoo looks but then throw in how i don't like tattoos and wished he didn't get one. still not really lying, i think.
    This is what we call a white lie, and it is the most common lie there it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast