+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I make my move??

How do I make my move??

Hey everyone,

I desperately need everyone's advice..
    I'll explain the situation here.

I go to fitness quite often, and one of the instructors giving lessons there is just absolutely gorgeous (I find anyway).
    But during the lessons there is a great amount of flirting going on between us. We are both younger 18, so younger than most the ppl who go there. Anyway, the whole lesson he will just look at me, and give me ocasionaly smiles. It seems like the other ppl don't exist to him. Some people noticed this as well, so it's not just me making it up. This flirting goes on and on, but we havn't gotten much further than saying hi to each other.
    We are 'friends' on one of those pages like facebook n myspace etc. But havn't said a word to each other there either. I found out on his profile there that he has a girlfriend. Maybe this is why...

But now my problem is, what do I do. I have a mayor crush on him! However horrible it is, I'm not too bothered he has a girlfriend, I just have to make him mine. But how do I handle this carefully?? I'll never dare go back to fitness if this ends all wrong. So how do I get on talkin terms even to him??

Thanks everyone!!!

Vibey

I know, but i'm sure if he get's to know me he will like me (not wanting to sound arrogant).. But i just need to make him get to know me.. :S

I know.. I should.. But i can't.. And I don't wanna make him cheat.. Cuz I don't want him for one night or summin.. I want him as my guy, so he wud have to break up.. urgh im so horrible sometimes ..
    But u see, what if he's just shy or summin.. ok im rlly kiddin myself now..

I think this guy needs to stop flirting with you and either be faithful to his girlfriend, or break up with her if he can't keep flirting under control. There are better men out there who will treat you honestly. That's just my two cents; I understand what it is to like a guy so much that you'd do anything to have him.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want I want I want I want.

Well, if you want him so damn much, why don't you ****in' take him?

Just be prepared for the consequences, should there be any.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First of all, he's your instructor. Dating one of those is never a good idea. (Unless of course you drop the class.)

Second, he is w/ someone else. (it sucks doesn't it? I have so been there...) You have to respect that though. Imagine how you would feel if you were in her shoes and some girl was trying to get with your man.

He probably is just a flirt. I have been in a similiar situation and the guy flirted w/ me shamelessly. It confused the heck out of me and then eventually I ended up getting feelings. I certainly never asked for them, but it just happened. It's very hard, but I've learned to suppress them and try to remember the reality of the situation. So, I basically just let him flirt all he wants, but minimize reciprocating any flirting back to him. I try to be friendly because I don't want to come off rude, but I knew there was a line there that could never be crossed..so I left it at that.

Bottom line: If he is truly interested in you, he will pursue you AFTER breaking up w/ his gf. Until then, I would let it be and move on.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Yeah, if your so god dam interested in him just ask him, "Do you like me or are you just flirting ?" But you should always prepare for the worst.. It could go Both ways 50/50...

Hope you do the right thing

if i were you, id just stop responding to his flirting. that, OR you can keep flirting with him to keep him hooked. HAHA, if you cant beat em join em! play his game.

but oh well, if i were you though...and i got him to break up with his gf so he can be with me.. after some time, it would make me uneasy because there's a possibility that he would do the same to me and dump me for another 'me'. (if you get what i mean)

thanks everyone.. I think iv kinda thought about it all better...
    I dont wanna be the bad person in makin him break up wit his gf.. and I dont want a guy who wud flirt this much with others.. so im just gona have fun flirtin wit him, but nothin more .. hehe

haha yeah make him suffer for flirting with you even when he already has a girlfriend! tsk!
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, the flirting does liven things up when you go to class I bet! I still do it occasionally w/ the guy who was flirting with me to begin with. I just have to remind myself that nothing will come from it. It's fun though, watching him react. (He will respond quite well to it.) Then, I can be cold for awhile and not flirt and he's probably all thinking "wtf?" Serves him right for flirting in the first place. He won't know what to expect from me on a daily basis. Ah, I love the game....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    Yeah, the flirting does liven things up when you go to class I bet! I still do it occasionally w/ the guy who was flirting with me to begin with. I just have to remind myself that nothing will come from it. It's fun though, watching him react. (He will respond quite well to it.) Then, I can be cold for awhile and not flirt and he's probably all thinking "wtf?" Serves him right for flirting in the first place. He won't know what to expect from me on a daily basis. Ah, I love the game....
    haha! aren't you just one flirty mean girl!
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Vibey View Post
    thanks everyone.. I think iv kinda thought about it all better...
    I dont wanna be the bad person in makin him break up wit his gf.. and I dont want a guy who wud flirt this much with others.. so im just gona have fun flirtin wit him, but nothin more .. hehe
    Plus, he's flirting because he knows you'll sign up for another class just to watch him...that's money in the bank for him.

It is sort of like the cocktail waitress who calls every guy "honey" or "sweetheart"...she's selling herself for a tip and the guy is buying the attention.

Don't take the flirtation personally...it is just a game.

imagine him getting w/ you, says he broke up w/ his g/f. Then meets a girl that interests him at the gym, does the same thing to you that he did w/ his previous g/f...karma is a B*tch...so i suggest you let things happen. By now something would have been said if he was really interested...

well i didn't read what you posted last, but yeah...flirting is nice...lol

start off with a good conversation to get warmed up