+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cream thief

cream thief

so this afternoon I went shopping- bought two 'soy delicious' ice cream tubs. god, they're so good. Anyway, this evening, I look in the freezer, they're still there. later on, I look again, and hocus pocus one of them is gone, unfortunately NOT because I ate it.

it wasn't any of my appartment-mates. that'd be stupid, they don't have freezers in their rooms... plus the only one of them that's here is the guy who's room has a wall consisting of drapes.. he can't lock his room, so he'd be the last person to steal anything. Plus he's cool.

get this.. the ONLY other person here was my landlord. WTF? is there ANYTHING that I can do here, at all?

i guess you'll just have to let this one pass...i mean accusing him wouldn't really help your rent and stuff. time and effort is more important than a tub of icecream. and there wouldn't be evidence he took it either....so i guess you'll just have to suck it up.

that sucks. I know I don't know him very well at all, but it seems very unlikely to me. People who have been there longer are all friends with him, heck, the girl in the room across from mine even hugged him when he dropped by, they installed an AC, family run kind of thing. I cannot see him just.. grabbing an ice cream. so silly! I also ordered something from ebay to this address. a week ago. should've arrived. hasn't. this is creepy. why are all landlords slash living situations such utter shit? if it isn't crack addicts it's thieves.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Buy a lock for your refrigerator.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    don't leave any expensive shit laying around. if they're crazy enough to steal a freakin popsicle, they may have stolen something with it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think a lot of people don't consider food to be personal property. This is a very common roommate problem. Seriously, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one of your roommates ate it (maybe they even shared it).

Buy a lock if you don't want to feed them all.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

man, this is really unsettling. In a way it's more unsettling than if somebody had just barged in and took everything. but no; just one tub. apparently my blueberries, carrots, radishes and bread didn't interest them. it's so bizzare!. I know that previously, everyone in this building was like one big family and the doors were always unlocked, and to this day if you leave the door unlocked, people will wander in and look around. but it's all friendly.

I can see somebody stealing a mailed item. I can see somebody stealing a bunch of items from the apartments common area. I CANNOT see someone sneaking into an unlocked door and taking just one damn tub. THAT'S FREAKY!

edit: you guys are fast.
    seriously, my apartment mates weren't even home. the only one that was.. I just can't see him taking it. He's a model for crying out loud. heck i'd pay 4 dollars to see him eat a tub of ice cream in half an hour!
    Last edited by Tiay; 01-08-07 at 12:26 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha - would you have been happier if they didn't leave you ANY?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    He's a model for crying out loud. heck i'd pay 4 dollars to see him eat a tub of ice cream in half an hour!
    How big of a tub are we talking here because I will eat the thing in a hour for $4. Oh wait I already did lol.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm.. maybe it was your landlord, but do you really think that he went went into your apartment to only take one ice cream tub?? if anything, i'd think that he went there to sniff your g-strings instead. what i'm getting at is that this is so trivial that personally i wouldn't risk something without a huge reward.

i'm guessing it was one of your roommates, maybe your model friend because he is the least likely canidate. and did you check in the trash can for any rubbish?? or did you ask any of them?? you're jumping to conclusions here.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    How big of a tub are we talking here because I will eat the thing in a hour for $4. Oh wait I already did lol.
    i could probably eat it in 5-10 minutes tops going at my normal pace. but i hate icecream.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would anyone want to steal SOY fake ice cream? Yuck.

I wouldn't be *happier* if they'd have just left nothing.. but at least it would make a tiny bit of sense. I realise it's just one damn tub of ice cream. but damnit, i'm broke, I need food. and it's the principle of the matter...

yeah I checked the trash. nothing.

ohhh, you haven't tried it vash, it is delicious.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    I wouldn't be *happier* if they'd have just left nothing.. but at least it would make a tiny bit of sense. I realise it's just one damn tub of ice cream. but damnit, i'm broke, I need food. and it's the principle of the matter...

yeah I checked the trash. nothing.
    hahahaha soy eh?

musta skimmed that part. anyhow, they probably got in there room and started laughing thinking they got a damn good box of ice cream, tasted it, was really disappointed at how nasty it tasted and was too embarrassed to return it.

i am sure of it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast