+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: penis.

Quote Originally Posted by MisteryDude! View Post
    No, it's the fact that I'm from the UK and the other fact that it's a pointless act. I think it's only right to get it done if it's is EXTREMELY necessary.
    Why are you so anti-circumcision? There are health benefits to it for one, and two what would you do if the doctor said he had to circumcise you because of your problem. And what does being from the UK have anything to do with being circumcise or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Why are you so anti-circumcision? There are health benefits to it for one, and two what would you do if the doctor said he had to circumcise you because of your problem. And what does being from the UK have anything to do with being circumcise or not?
    exactly. is there some bill that says you people shan't be circumcised?

oh well, we're just trying to help. you were asking for an advice, and i think that's the smartest thing to do: SEEK SOME MEDICAL HELP.
    Last edited by kalupe; 03-08-07 at 05:22 PM.
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

1. I ant big on the Idea.
    2. If your from the USA, chances are you have it done and agree with it.
    3. The UK don't see circumcision a lot.
    4. I think i'd rather have a tight foreskin if a girl took down my trousers rather than none.
    5. She would think it weird.

and most of it.. I think it's a waste of time, Pointless and a barbaric act.

4. I think i'd rather have a tight foreskin if a girl took down my trousers rather than none.

barbaric? oh well, we just gave advices. it's still upto you.
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

So you don't want to get circumcised because of your cultural? What if you go to the doctor and he says he has to cut the skin off what are you going to do then? Also if you do your homework on circumcisions you would know there are healthy benefits and it is not barbaric.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    just get a sex change...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

did you follow my rants in the circumcision thread, guys? I will sum it up for you: The American paediatric association itself agrees that there is NO medical reason for circumcision.

America is the only country where circumcision is routinely done for "medial" reasons rather than religious ones.

Yes, there are medical benefits; less moist tissue means that all diseases that wish to make those moist places their home are less likely to do so.

"there!" you say.

wrong. The same is true for female circumcision. both in the effect on the ability to orgasm (needs more, harder stimulation), the protection from disease (that comes from having less moist stuff), and in the amount of erogenous nerves taken, male circumcision is equivalent to female circumcision (types 1 and 2, where they cut part of the labia and clit, not type 3 where they pretty much suture the vagina shut).

I've had three yeast infections. Would your solution to this be "speak to your doc before that gets chronic and start eating yogurt like a crazy person" or would you say "oh, just get your labia chopped off- problem solved!"

seriously: that's how ridiculous the suggestion of getting circumcised to solve a problem like MisteryDude's sounds to someone outside the US.

Plus, the medical benefits do not make any difference once you're in a developed country. Sure in africa where people do not have clean water to drink let alone to wash their peepee's with, and where people are forbidden by the church to wear condoms, circumcision can help fight aids in those areas.

But, the US's aids rate is higher than that in all other *developed* countries where the majority of the population is uncut.

furthermore- notice how lack of lube is often a problem during sex? oh, she wasn't wet enough. Or notice how girls seem to want slow, sensual sex whereas guys just want to thrust away, making her sore?
    why the incompatibility? well #1, a cut guy isn't bringing his part of the lube to the situation. #2 uncut guys can get off from more gentle thrusting, and because their penis is partially sliding *within* the foreskin, there is less friction (which equals soreness) for her, and more stimulation for him!

I explained circumcision to a girlfriend once, and she was shocked! she said "but.. that's the best part!". And that it is. 50 to 80% of the erogenous nerves, actually.

Also - and I promise i'm done soon - things can go wrong. This is VERY rare, but some babies actually die. It is not safe to use aesthetic on babies. Most circumcisions in the US are done without. In a study, I think it was 2 of 11 babies actually stopped breathing during the procedure. Further research suggests that cut boys have a harder time bonding with they're mom afterwards, are more stressed during other medical stuff (ie getting vaccination) and some even get post traumatic stress syndrome; no joking, they have actual flashbacks. Of course, VERY rare but not acceptable considering it is not a medically necessary thing!

the foreskin is fused to the penis and only separates when a child is a bit older. So cutting it away often scars the glans too. Many cut guys have small deformities, skin tags, odd scar tissue, curvature, and some even have so little loose skin left that when they get erect, their balls kinda get sucked forward.

well, I hope that explains why brits think that circumcision is stupid. I apologise for ranting in your thread, mDude.
    I do NOT want to get into another giant debate over this, so if you want to respond please PM me instead!

MysteryDude, if you don't want to fix your lil dude down there, its your choice. But you'll have to suffer the consequences.

You're an idiot for not taking peoples advide. Good luck with the pain in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

eventually it'll be too tight to clean it properly, and it'll get infected, and THEN you'll really have to see a doctor.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    did you follow my rants in the circumcision thread, guys? I will sum it up for you: The American paediatric association itself agrees that there is NO medical reason for circumcision.

America is the only country where circumcision is routinely done for "medial" reasons rather than religious ones.
    I don't know how to tell you this, but some scientists from the World Health Organization are recommending circumcision to control the spread of HIV, and the circumcision rates in Africa are rising, dramatically in some areas. In fact, in some places, (Swaziland?) there is an eight month wait list for a circ. The majority of men are saying they *would* like a circumcision, providing it could be done under hygenic conditions. I hope the world begins to routinely circumcise as a means of controling a very ugly disease, not to mention things like this kid has. American medical communities are considering switicing their stance on not recommending routine circumcisions pending completion of some study currently being done.

BTW - I found out why the HIV rate is largely unaffected in the US by circumcision rates - it is because we have a high rate of IV drug users contracting HIV, (less of a problem in developing countries).

Also, I object to the comparison of male circumcision to female circumcision. They are only equivelent if you were to remove the entire penis. As for your yeast infection scenario, also ridiculous. Chopping off your labia wouldn't cure your yeast infection because that is an internal problem, not topical.

Original poster - you may not *need* to have a circumcision. Because (white) Brits are less likely to want one for cultural reasons, your doctor may be able to simply cut the foreskin to allow for movement. However, the more scar tissue that develops on your penis, the less likely a simple cut will repair it, which is another reason you should have your doctor look at it soon. He may be able to save your foreskin.

Also, although certainly not the majority, plenty of Brits have circusmcisions. Your entire Arab and Jewish populations will certainly have them.
    Last edited by vashti; 04-08-07 at 01:13 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

"I don't know how to tell you this.."
    pfft, Vash, have you been listening to me at all?? i've been saying the exact same thing from the start: for third world countries it is effective against aids. by which I meant HIV too. I never ever disputed this, yet you keep telling me as if it disproved my argument; it does not. Please let's not have another giant rant and just agree to disagree? I merely wanted to summarise my view in this thread, not draw the whole thing out.

Yes, type 3 female circumcision would be equivalent to cutting the penis off. I was referring to types 1 and 2.
    the reason male and female circumcisions in the real world are not comparable is that they are done in vastly different conditions- males cut in the US as babies in sterile conditions, compared to females cut in dirty conditions when they are older and the nerves can not heal the same way. Of course that's not comparable.
    BUT, in principle, if you cut the same amount of erogenous nerves, it doesn't matter what gender it is; pretty much the same effect.

Anyway, as you said mdude probably doesn't need to get cut. Or maybe just have a little cut- ie, not actually removing anything but allowing for more looseness.
    Last edited by Tiay; 04-08-07 at 12:46 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    I merely wanted to summarise my view in this thread, not draw the whole thing out.

BUT, in principle, if you cut the same amount of erogenous nerves, it doesn't matter what gender it is; pretty much the same effect.

My point is that you are *not* removing the same number of erogenous nerves with male circumcision. Since the clitoris is nothing more than a mini-penis, to remove it is equivelent to removing the entire penis - not just the foreskin.

Funny though, I did look up the American Pediatic Associations position on circumcision, and they are unwilling to say there is a difference in erogenous sensation for circumcised men.

Oh, and the reason I "drew this out" was to offer some balance. Your point of view is (as you know) very biased. Anyway, now both sides have been stated. ::shrug::
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahahaha... everyone is getting so worked up over a guy who doesn't really care about advice. sure he is looking for suggestions, but ultimately he is too scared to confront the real problem at hand.

tiay... i think that you're getting worked up more than anyone else here. you've got your "keep it there" theory because that is your cultural background. i say, just chop the thing off and you get all salty like i was the one who stole your tube of cream. goddamn girl, it's s joke but it's also funny to see a different side of you. the red huffy puffy faced girl with steam shooting out of her ears. you make me laugh...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

routine circumcision of children is nothing less than a human rights violation- It is illegal to cut off even the very tip of your childs pinky toe, but cutting off half (or more) of the skin of their penis, even though your paediatrics association does not medically recommend it, is a bloody joke to you?
    You're sick.

oh, and by the way; females living in areas where female circumcision is the norm also defend the practice, think it is a joke, giggle over it, and say hey it's normal everyone does it. I feel as surrounded by insanity as you would feel if you went to africa and saw that happening.
    Last edited by Tiay; 04-08-07 at 01:53 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast