+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: how do i gain weight! roar.

It takes time to get used to eating more and being able to take in such a large amount. I'd recommend getting some type of protein supplement.

Just make sure what you're getting is quality stuff, don't buy something because the sales rep tells you it will put on 50lbs+ in 6 months. Read reviews online and make your decision before buying. I'm a fan of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard...it's probably the best bang for the buck quality wise. I love the stuff. 16ounces of milk plus one scoop of this stuff is 44grams of protein. Add in foods and other stuff and it makes getting in that 1gram for every pound you weigh a lot easier than trying to take that in with food alone. Grab yourself a shaker cup and just start chugging these things and eating healthy like a mad man.

Another recommendation is, if you do have trouble at first taking these things consistently and getting them in all the time. At a very least take one right after finishing a hard workout.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 31-03-08 at 11:12 AM.

eat more calories then you burn.....

my metabolism is pretty fast because I workout everyday, and i eat every few hours, plus i'm only 23....When I am putting on weight I usually take 3 weight gainer shakes a day in a cup of milk which accounts to about 1200 calories alone.

I use Real Gains...u can google it, its affordable and quick and easy to fix. I wouldn't rely on shakes but add them to your diet you already have going on. Real Gains provides you with carbs and protein, its not just a protein supplement so thats why i would recommend that over ON 100% whey, which is primarily for the BCAA's and protein. It doesn't have the carbs and cals that Real Gains will give you.

I wouldn't suggest eating a bunch of chocolate or burgers to gain weight. Lots of protein and complex carbs.....oats, greens, i like grits, ww bread for your carbs, eggs and lean meats for your protein source.

I dunno, It feels kind of weird to eat after every few hours... At the same time some chinese are working their arse off and africans are starving. Plus I am a student and simply don't have enough time or money to get some heavy food all the time. But protein is probably a good option. Where does that stuff come from, btw, how is it made?
    Btw, any of you familiar with vegetarism?
    Don't expect anything.

Most of my friends are vegetarian. I'm not, though. I'll eat almost anything.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks, that was really informative post you got there, giga. Maybe at least share some of their diet or thoughts?
    Last edited by boobaa; 05-04-08 at 05:40 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss hotty View Post
    5foot 6 and im 17
    Woah! Ok, that makes me feel large indeed hehe!

I'm 5 foot 6 and a half and I weigh around 9 1/2 stone.

As for gaining weight, that I would say is tougher than losing it, because to lose it you exercise more and eat healthy foods but to gain it??? I mean coz if you ate more than you could hold and didn't exercise then you'd be fat and then when you get like that, you'd want to be toned and so you'd exercise and lose weight again.

Hmmm - why is it you want to gain weight? - you did say to be happy as you are

X
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Lozenger View Post
    Woah! Ok, that makes me feel large indeed hehe!

I'm 5 foot 6 and a half and I weigh around 9 1/2 stone.

As for gaining weight, that I would say is tougher than losing it, because to lose it you exercise more and eat healthy foods but to gain it??? I mean coz if you ate more than you could hold and didn't exercise then you'd be fat and then when you get like that, you'd want to be toned and so you'd exercise and lose weight again.

Hmmm - why is it you want to gain weight? - you did say to be happy as you are

X
    muscle isn't fat....if u gain muscle you gain solid good weight.

fat usually comes with muscle but thats where cardio comes into play.

It's all dependent on what you eat....if you eat a lot of lean proteins such as fish, chicken, turkey, etc...I like red meat but its not as lean of a meat, has a lot of fat in it. If you are eating good sources of protein you are gonna be able to put on healthier weight then if you are gaining weight with greasy burgers and candy bars and sugar filled foods.

Same thing with carbs....go for complex carbs opposed to simple sugars. Oats, Greens, Grits, WW breads, etc...

I'm about 210lbs right now and 6'1 and i've gained over 20lbs since Feb 1st and I still have abs. I go to the gym everday, and have a real strict diet though. It's all a matter of how much time and energy you invest to it i guess.

Exercising and nutrition is a huge chunk of my time and life....its what i enjoy so its easy for me

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Thanks, that was really informative post you got there, giga. Maybe at least share some of their diet or thoughts?
    My daughter is a vegetarian. There are different types. From a health point of view, I do not like the vegan diet. In addition to it being extremely difficult to maintain, vegans are at risk for nutritional defiencies, especially calcium. I believe you will see a lot of bone health issues with vegans when they are old. Also, it is kind of a pain in the @ss for friends and family of the vegan, because their diet is so limited, it is hard to accomodate them.

However, I think a traditional vegetarian diet that includes egg products and dairy is easy to maintain and is good for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Most of my friends are vegetarian. I'm not, though. I'll eat almost anything.
    I'm the same way too, I junk it out sometimes and feel guilty, but it's only on the weekends and eat healthy throughout the week with fruits, vegetables, soup, some meat and anything that isn't high in sugar.
    Exercising everyday helps maintain your physic, about 1-2 hours a day should do the trick and help your metabolism improve to digest it.
    I'm worried about gaining access weight that I won't use, because I already am 165 Ibs at 5'7,
    so now I'm ready to tone up.
    Last edited by Kromat; 13-04-08 at 06:19 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213