+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Contest Prep

thankfully no. Then I would have been in serious trouble as I would have probably needed to be airlifted to a hospital to close the wound as soon as possible.

misombra, there is a layer of fat under the skin called subcutaneous fat which can be measured with a caliper to estimate total body fat.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Use some neosporin cream on it to prevent infection and keep the wound bed moist.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    misombra, there is a layer of fat under the skin called subcutaneous fat which can be measured with a caliper to estimate total body fat.
    I think she was implying you have little bodyfat, sir. What's your diet like? and do you do phases (bulking/cutting)?
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

Aegis says, "I'm not gay! Unless you are."

Neo, you're looking good. What are your goals before the competition?
    Spammer Spanker

Aegis, don't worry. I intend to keep you guys updated with my contest prep in this thread. However, I don't want to just talk about me. Everyone is welcome to leave comments and ask me any questions.

DoodleMan, I cycle my carbs between high and low days to shock my metabolism. I'm also eating a lot of protein (approx. 250 g). Yes, I alternate between cutting and bulking phases.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMan View Post
    I think she was implying you have little bodyfat, sir. What's your diet like? and do you do phases (bulking/cutting)?
    No, I was most certainly not, at least not an inappropriate amount. All bodies have a fat layer... some are just thicker than others. Neo's is a skinny little layer.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashti: I'm sorry, that was a casualty of poor grammar. That's what I meant, that you were implying that he has little bodyfat (as in not very much at all).

neo: word, I've been carb cycling for like 3 months, and 180g of protein a day (I weigh 165, at 6', skinny bitch ); still can't gain more than like 5lb of muscle mass to save my life though.

Do you only eat organics? (whole grains, no preservatives, etc)
    Thats probably the best change I made, I feel way better and have way more energy at all times.

Last edited by DoodleMan; 08-08-07 at 09:23 PM.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

Damn, don't any fat and ugly people use the internet?

i feel ugly and fat when i'm in this thread lol.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Oh, psshh! I know you aren't fat and ugly.

DoodleMan, try increasing your daily intake of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. I guarantee it's possible to add muscle no matter your body type. If 2,000 calories a day isn't working for you, then bump that amount up to 2,500 calories. Eventually, you will start gaining weight.

I don't care whether I eat organic foods or not. Research shows non-organic foods contain the same nutritional value as organic foods. Plus they are cheaper. You're mainly paying for the difference in taste.

Lookin' good DoodleMan!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Con: Thanks

Neo: Yeah I feel ya. According to most calculators my basal metabolic rate is like 2300 calories if you count how physically active i am, so I try eat 2800kcal spread over 6 or 7 meals a day, 320g carbs, 180g protein, good fats, but sometimes its like force feeding myself.

I'm aware that nutritionally, for the purpose of muscular development a carb is a carb and protein is protein (in regards to the organic vs. processed argument); I just do it for the sake of putting less pesticides, preservatives, steroids/hormones and other chemicals and shit into my body.

7 weeks out

8-17-07

8-17-07

8-17-07

8-17-07

Last edited by NeoSeminole; 25-08-07 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast