+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Contest Prep

Sheesh. I have to stay out of this thread. My boyfriend is gone for the weekend.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Looking good, but number 3 is scary! Thanks for not shaving under your arms, though!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

dude, don't be too muscular or it'll look scary...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Come to think of it Jimmy, that photo you posted looks like the guy in your signature, second from the left.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Come to think of it Jimmy, that photo you posted looks like the guy in your signature, second from the left.
    hahaha! the one in the middle looks like jesus! hahahahaha!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa jimmy..errr kimme, how did you get a picture of me in my gstring??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The second guy? How do they simulate? But you gotta admit, having TOO much muscles are a bit scary right? I mean, look at that goddam retard!
    Last edited by Jimmy1218; 18-08-07 at 01:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Everyone is welcome to leave comments and ask me any questions. [...] I cycle my carbs between high and low days to shock my metabolism. I'm also eating a lot of protein (approx. 250 g). Yes, I alternate between cutting and bulking phases.
    oh oh, I have questions..

cycling carbs as in zig zag dieting/carb refeeds to keep your bmr up? I ask because I seem to have hit a slight plateau in my diet, I guess my metabolism has caught up with my 1200 cals diet. Instead of creating another caloric deficit, which would make it damn hard to even get a good amount of nutrients, I started eating more but also bought good running shoes and started doing that more. Gonna take a while though, need to work myself up to actually running continuously without having to stop and walk periods in between.

also, where on earth do you get all this damn protein? I usually only get to 60 or 70g a day, which would be okay if I wasn't trying to get toned. But the big bottles of protein power with gigantic muscly people on them scare me...

Whats with all this complicated carbs stuff? I always eat what I whatever I want to eat...no heart attack yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post-workout shot from today. I trained chest and delts.

Last edited by NeoSeminole; 25-08-07 at 11:33 AM.

nobody ever helps the *girl* get toned, nooooo...

Tiay, I didn't forget about you. I'm just too damn lazy after busting my ass in the gym and being on a low-carb diet.

I cycle my carbs between high and low days to keep my metabolism constantly playing catchup. The body is incredibly smart and will adapt after a while to any type of stimulus. When you lower your carb intake, as in a diet, your metabolism slows down to conserve energy. This is an evolutionary response to keep us alive during times of starvation. In order to prevent your metabolism from slowing down, you need to introduce a high carb day to trick your body into thinking it has a steady supply of energy. Carb cycling has a positive effect on stored fat since your body no longer has to worry about when its next meal will be.

I consume 250 g of protein a day from various sources including:

- extra lean ground beef (97&#37
    - chicken breast
    - tuna fish
    - egg whites
    - low fat milk
    - black beans
    - salmon
    - cottage cheese
    - whey protein powder

thanks neo

I read about this somewhere.. that is, you can loose fat by creating a calorie deficit, but your body wont want to build expensive muscles when "times are hard". So, your bmr goes down to match the deficit.

So basically if I understand correctly, you're "tricking" your body into thinking that times are good, and that it can therefore afford to build and maintain muscle.
    what I don't quite get, is how exactly I should go about this. Let me summarise briefly. My bmr is about 1350. Or at least, this is what the calculators are saying. For at least the last month I've eaten about 1200 cals a day. So, I'm guessing that it doesn't matter how much I exercise, my body is in conserve mode- I can reduce muscle loss by exercising, but I can't really build up.

So how does this carb cycling work? how often is your 'carb day'? and.. isn't it everything, not just carbs, that you get more of?

sooo.. how about I eat lots of high-protein foods on, say, fri/sat/sunday, also exercise lots those days, then reduce to 1200 cals during the weekdays? am I getting the right idea? If so, how do I work out how many cals I should be getting on the weekend or whatever the schedule should be? more than my maintenance?

at least in this aspect, I can't wait to be back in ireland. I miss my at-least-somewhat-reliable scales.. the ones I have here are telling my that I weigh 108 lbs; that'd make me lighter than my mom, and believe me, if you saw us both, you'd realise that my boobs probably make up for all her body fat combined.

6 weeks out

8-24-07

8-24-07

8-24-07

8-24-07

side-by-side comparisons 2 weeks apart

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast