+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I approach?

How do I approach?

I have very little experience and sometimes confidence.

For years Ive not had the bottle to simply walk up to a girl and strike up idle chitchat and ask someone out.

Which really gets me down when I see someone who really does make me think wow whenever I see em,and weighing up the embarrassment of rejection for whatever reason and yea i know people will say im letting things pass me by with not taking a risk, still doesnt seem to push me into the do or die position

I have limited chances to meet or find girls that i can become interested in, mostly at work.

Theres one ive been admiring from a distance for quite some time. She is really pretty etc and when she passes through my office to use photocopier or scanner, always makes an effort to acknowledge and smile, something i try to reciprocate,maybe not specifically directed at me, but nonetherless nice to see her smile.

Today I heard her speak for the first time when she came in to use something and had a query, i promptly went off to sort it out, lol couldnt get outta my seat quick enough. Anyway I babbled about something while I sorted it, she laughed and I left her to her stuff

Im so crap, didnt even look for tell tale signs to if she is taken like rings on fingers. First chance had proper opportunity to.

I think I know what she is called, and if im right, she is listed on our Directories as 'Miss' lol, other mystery is she doesnt seem to be in everyday, so possibly part time or jobshare which leads me to think hmm maybe she has a kid.

Seems half the battle is not knowing stuff and other half actually committing myself oneway or the other.

Im tempted to half bottle it and Email her at work, but again embarrassing if I have matched the wrong name to the wrong person and what the hell Id say to her in it.

Id be astonished if someone or her came up to me and took all my questions and pressure away.

You need to practice asking people out, or just talking to girls. It's exciting and fun to have a crush on someone, but it sounds like torture for you.

What's your history of romance (I ask because I'm too lazy to look up your other posts.)
    Spammer Spanker

I seem to be able to talk to girls that im not interested in that way with. But im not sure, im not a great talker.

Just when I want to make an effort with someone, im not sure how to and never dare push things to get answers to my questions. Especially when its completely by chance that my path crosses with her.

My history is pretty slim. one girl, which was fairly complicated and ended badly, took me a long while before I could even think about someone else.

when you talk to a girl you're attracted to, you could imagine that you're NOT attracted or she's one of your guy friends. stupid ideas. good results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

I dont really have much 2do wiv this girl, I v rarely see her so its not like I can just talk to her about nothing, well i dont even get into a talking position. Just feel myself go wow inside when I do see her

Hopefully, you have a nice smile and are willing to use it.

And, of course you can talk to her about "whatever". Anybody can talk to anybody about anything. It just takes a little confidence.
    Spammer Spanker