+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what it is

Question Not sure what it is

Hey all, I'll just give some info about myself before I start. I'm 22 years old and I have been in love maybe twice.

The first time was with a high school sweet heart, we both liked each other but didn't know it for about 6 months. When we both found out, it was like the stars were just all around us making everything so incredibly amazing. After about a year and 3 months, we knew things were not going to work out because of the fights we were having. The sex life was just downhill, maybe once a week if both of us were lucky. I was a senior and working two jobs while trying to figure out what I was going to do after high school, she was a junior and going through SAT's as well as applying for colleges. So I ended it, it was pretty horrible for both of us, but I felt like there was nothing to hold on to. She said "i knew we were done but why did you end it like that?" We got in a fight, she started swearing while i tried to calm her down, until she started calling me names and all that stuff...so that was the end basically.

Second time, was a time I think I was in love. I met a couple of girls from my college, actually they used that "can we study with you" line on me. So yeah, I hung out with them and all, I fell in love with one of them, she treated me great and things were just again perfect for me. I couldn't get her out of my mind and all that stuff, always had my cell phone out, hoping she might call or text me. Just had the amazing butterflies that I had got the first time, when I first fell in love with my ex. But I guess another guy came into the picture and maybe he suited her better. The problem is that we began to talk for 4-5 months, and then BAM! I was basically tossed aside. This was about two years ago.

Now, since then I have not seen or dated any girls. In fact I find it harder for me to approach or even talk to girls. It actually kinda frightens me, to think that I may never get that feeling again...I guess you can call it a blissful feeling. I mean two years is a very long time to have not dated one single person. I don't know where to go from here on out, I guess thats why I keep myself busy with school and work. It's not that I can't talk to girls, I find myself attracted to many and I start up conversations, but the ones I talk to somehow all have boyfriends.

Sometimes, I don't think I can trust love, or fate, or have hopeful thinking, its really hard especially when i'm about to graduate in spring of 08...Any advice? Useful & meaningful advice...I was browsing the forum and this one member just hates on everyone lol.

Thanks for reading!

You're waiting for girls to chase you. Don't do that, you should be more aggressive. And if some people rejects you (which probably will happen sometime in your life), then just pretend she's a stupid lesbo. Its foolproof!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

Haha, yeah I suppose that would work too. I think I need to really just give myself time to think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsure001 View Post
    Haha, yeah I suppose that would work too. I think I need to really just give myself time to think about this.
    I think you give yourself too much time to think and not enough encouragement to just do something. What are you doing for work, Unsure? Do you not have much female contact there?

Look, girls know other girls. Some of those other girls might not have boyfriends. How can you meet these other girls? By being more social, maybe. By being more open to the possibility. By opening up your yap and telling people you want to find somebody (there's nothing wrong with this).
    Spammer Spanker

Well right now i'm just managing a restaurant, the majority of the employees are right out of high school, really immature, and i won't be having this job for much longer because i'm going to search for a job that is in the field of my major once I graduate spring of 08...

I know that I need to be more social, but when I do meet girls, they always want to keep it one on one, most of the time they would rather not invite their other girl friends. I think its getting to a time where people don't want the chance of losing a guy to their friends so when they do meet a guy they keep him secluded.

Sorry for you. I'm with my first love and looks like it will be forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    You're waiting for girls to chase you. Don't do that, you should be more aggressive. And if some people rejects you (which probably will happen sometime in your life), then just pretend she's a stupid lesbo. Its foolproof!

Hahahahaha!! That's from scarface m8! Lesbian!!

Dating

Quote Originally Posted by Unsure001 View Post
    Well right now i'm just managing a restaurant, the majority of the employees are right out of high school, really immature, and i won't be having this job for much longer because i'm going to search for a job that is in the field of my major once I graduate spring of 08...

I know that I need to be more social, but when I do meet girls, they always want to keep it one on one, most of the time they would rather not invite their other girl friends. I think its getting to a time where people don't want the chance of losing a guy to their friends so when they do meet a guy they keep him secluded.

Hello, your advice was excellent and it really works for beginner also.
    Thank you!
    I got an infraction for advertising!