+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she ignoring me?

Why is she ignoring me?

Hello everyone. I met this wonderful girl in college and we had much in common. We laughed, joked and really enjoyed each others company. I really had deep feelings for her, but i didnt let her know so.( I didnt want to let that be known so early in our friendship.) So when the semester finished.....she stopped calling me, texting me, and picking up my phone calls. She has been avoiding me for only a week and it feels like forever. This is really eating me up inside. I know she's avoiding me because when I call her with my number on "hide id", she picks up her phone. It's not the fact that shes avoiding me thats eating me up inside, it's the not knowing that hurts. If I know why she doesnt wanna talk to me I'll move on with my life, but I can't let a great friendship fade away without knowing why. I will never understand women. What you guys think I should do?

anachronistic Guest
    who cares. any girl that ignores you does not like you, so forget her and move on.

there was a point in my past relationship where i was in the same position, except i had been in an intimate relationship for 2 years. she just stopped talking to me. i still don't know, but i'm glad i stopped wasting my time with her.

if she is decent, she'll call you someday. that's my philosophy

Stirfry Guest
    she sounds like a bitch. anyone who makes it very obvious that they're ignoring you is NOT worth your time or emotions. you can do better. : )

i think she may sense that you like her and she doesnt want a relationship possibly. especially if you call her when she hasnt called you for a week. heck she's probably testing the waters...but of these you don't know any for sure.

i wouldnt just end being friends over a week, but i wouldnt contact her if she decided to ignore me. i'd start looking at other girls, but i wouldnt take her so seriously that you'd feel hurt inside.

I appreciate the advice guys. Maybe she isnt interested, but I need to know for sure. She did'nt give me any notion that she wasnt comfortable around me. I would ask her personally but i don't want to seem needy or desperate. I know you guys think it's best for me to forget about her, but it's easier said than done.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meshflesh View Post
    I appreciate the advice guys. Maybe she isnt interested, but I need to know for sure. She did'nt give me any notion that she wasnt comfortable around me. I would ask her personally but i don't want to seem needy or desperate. I know you guys think it's best for me to forget about her, but it's easier said than done.
    dude, you don't *need* to know. you just want to know. and i am sorry to say, but she doesn't have to tell you if she doesn't want a relationship, and she can keep playing the 'ignoring game' as long as she wants.

that is why you should just give up and stop caring about it.

It's not the fact that shes avoiding me thats eating me up inside,
    Why not? I think this is the bad part, not the not knowing.

You have your answer. She's blowing you off. What are you going to do now?

I suggest you cut her out of your life. She sounds mean.
    Spammer Spanker

wow forget her move on with your life

*UPDATE*
    After 4 long weeks of being ignored by this girl, she finally called me and explained that she wasn't picking up her phone because she was out of state and left her phone home. So after the conversation ended I thought about this and realized she lied because , how was her phone still ringing while she was supposedly away? Surely her battery should have been dead if she left it home for a month. What should I do??? Do I confront her with the truth?? Or just play her game?

that on you it your choice in life here my words of advice talk to her and see what happens

anachronistic Guest
    you try to long and to hard. give up.

What should I do???
    Leave the girl alone. Its pretty clear she is not interested in you so move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Leave the girl alone. Its pretty clear she is not interested in you so move on.
    Well, when she called we had a fun and meaningful conversation, and again didnt give me any notion that she wasn't intrested. She couldve very easily stopped calling me forever. I like her alot. I just don't know why she feels the need to lie to me. Women are strange creatures.