+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone here depressed?

Is everyone here depressed?

I just wanted to know if anyone is happy in this forum... Seems like everything I read here is sad...

I have a happy story. My ex and I have been talking alot. We went to the drive-in last night and saw Secret Window...great movie BTW...and then went out for a drink. I have a great time with her and I think we will be seeing alot more of eachother.

Will everyone tell me a happy story.................
    Love Is BS

I've got one FINALLY! I got my own life ****ing back!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Love Is BS

I'm not so much "depressed", but more just "there". There's nothing really great going on with my life, and I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now (my parents are splitting up sometime this or next month, my girlfried played the infamous "break" card just after valentine's day, I have bills up the wazoo piling up because of me waiting for the first paycheck from the NEW job after losing mine three weeks ago and trying desperately to find a replacement while my parents don't help me for shit, a lot of my friends for some reason have been ditching me lately and not gettin' back to me when I call them or calling off days that we set aside to hang out, parents flipping out threatening to kick me out the house because I'm taking 'too long' to graduate college, my acne has been out of control for the past three years or so and I've ruined WHO KNOWS how many shirts and I am constantly in pain when I lie down due to acne on my back or carry things due to it on my shoulders and chest, but I've gotten so used to the pain that I don't even feel it anymore unless it's an especially painful flare-up, and lots of little things too that I'm probably just forgetting about at this moment).

While this is all good reasons for me to slip into a depression, I was severely depressed a few years ago and have since hardened myself to certain emotions. I don't let sadness cloud my vision (haven't cried over something for over 5 years), I don't let anger do the same (have only been in ONE fight, whether verbal or physical, in my life . . . 5 years ago), etc. I try to live life and realize that no matter what happens, I'm not dead, and I have to deal with it. So why should I let shit get me into a depression?

So right now, since my friends seem to have forgotten me, my ex is trying to figure out if she is truly in love with me, my parents are deciding how to handle the fact that I'm taking (OH MY GOD!) longer than FOUR years to go through college, and I have lots of pressure on me of different types from different directions, I ignore it and do stuff that makes me happy.

So I've gotten into the habit of working out every day again (about an hour or two a day), I sit in front of my computer and check various forums, I practice my clarinet an hour or two a day, watch a few movies, and just be content to live.

So no I'm not depressed, although I'm not even close to "living it up" by your standards. But frankly, I don't want to go out and meet a bunch of strangers. It's too much of a hassle. I have a small amount of good friends that I can faithfully depend on to hang out with here and there, I play in four different bands, and stay movin'.

As for a happy story?

My and my ex (the one who called a break to see if she can figure out if she's ready to make the jump to 'love') hung out last weekend with her brother and his girlfriend. We went bowling and I creamed all of them. Next time we'll play pool and I'll do the same on the billiard table (BRING IT ON JANE!!!!) I get my hair cut on Tuesday (you have NO idea how much I love getting my hair cut. I get it cut every other week. Mainly cause it's free cause my ex does it and cause it feels SOOOOO good!) I'm getting better at the clarinet, and I'm feeling nice and sore from working out. That's enough good news to keep me going.

Alexi

Alexi-you have friends here sweetie

your cool in my book Alexi....to be honest...you have more going on in your life then I do....I am starting school next week for broadcasting and takeing some classes in hospitality, marketing and business. I have a huge problem with my DL...it was revoked for 5 years last week because I found some cracker jack lawyer who does not know what the hell she is doing... So now I need to pay another lawyer to sue her for my money back and then get another lawyer to appeal the case that she messed up on...long story...

So I am buying a scooter because in FL you need some form of transportation to do anything. Spring Break is here and business is good so its time for me to cash in. I wish i had more time to workout...Between meetings and maintaining all my websites...e-mail blasts, finding new clients, and planning events for 3 venues for every wednesday, friday and saturday I have no time...now I have this girl back in my life.....well...i guess I do have alot going on but its not like 4 months ago...

I was building 10 websites and still doing all that other stuff I just talked about but had 4 or 5 other events per week going on and a day job....I work all the time so I'm not sure how all this school stuff is going to fit in but I love my work...about 25 hours of it is at the clubs drinking and networking...I came home early tonight because I need the sleep and have to plane a party for my uncle's wedding...

I feel like I'm getting to know everyone here...IceQueen is my fav so far...even if you don't think so sweety...I love a good debate and for the most part she breaks down every one of my posts...Squirrly and Alexi..you two are the sweet hearts of the group...jade is cool and innove...i think thats the S/N...has some great posts....and everyone I have read are real cool people..

I thing I'm done.....
    Love Is BS

Depressed "was" an understatement, but the ew around here will know what I'm talking about.

Things are slowly getting better though, hopefully things will go back to the way it was, at least with life.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

The word "Depressed" gets I dunno over rated maybe? Over rated as a weakness that is.

I guess it comes from not knowing or feeling uncomfortable with a certain situation. Pessimism comes to mind, recognizing when you're thinking pessimistic, and telling your self to become more optimistic does wonders.

Optimistic view of being depressed? It's natures way of telling you, that you need to change something about what you are doing, wether it's your THINKING or your ACTIONS. You really DON'T HAVE TO tell the world you are depressed. You can make the adjustments on your own down low, but also do not forget that "two heads are better than one" No one is perfect, so no one with desires escapes it. If you are able to operate in a Trance 24/7 then you will never feel depressed. You will be more of a servant than you will a human with their "own" desires.

Grow comfortable with not knowing. Failure is there, Success is just up ahead
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

Sorry if I'm a little mean here, but the post has gotton completely off topic. This post turned out into a pity-party. So basically lets go back to the topic and stop analyzing everything. All he wanted to know was what GOOD things were going on in your life at the moment.

Good Things in my life:
    - Just met a really sweet guy, we ended up talking for 4 hours on our first date and I even got a kiss goodbye *swoons*
    - I get to go back to my regualar afternoon classes (I had a week of moring classes). Now I get to sleep in again!! yay!!
    - Going on a 2nd date with guy (from above statement) on tuesday! *even happier*
    - Ended up having sex with one of my friends. Both very horny and we don't regret it. Still friends and always will be. (This happened before above guy)
    - In a general happy mood at the moment. lol

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I am happy!
    I have ickle problems of course, but the good by far outweighs the bad.
    Happy story:
    The guy of my eye told me he really liked me the other day!
    And another:
    I lost my purse a while ago and thought it was gone forever. It was returned to me yesterday because of my ID card... with all the money still inside!

Oh, the little things...

Originally posted by sfalexi

As for a happy story?

My and my ex (the one who called a break to see if she can figure out if she's ready to make the jump to 'love') hung out last weekend with her brother and his girlfriend. We went bowling and I creamed all of them. Next time we'll play pool and I'll do the same on the billiard table (BRING IT ON JANE!!!!) I get my hair cut on Tuesday (you have NO idea how much I love getting my hair cut. I get it cut every other week. Mainly cause it's free cause my ex does it and cause it feels SOOOOO good!) I'm getting better at the clarinet, and I'm feeling nice and sore from working out. That's enough good news to keep me going.

Alexi

Are you threatening me?? Your done on a pool table darlin.. I will KICK YOUR ASS!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

ROFL!

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

I'd whoop both your butts...even with a 6 shot advantage
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

OH bring on the pool game!!! I'd rather lie down on the table and let a guy shot his balls in my pocket!!!

Fawn: Ken was noticing some of us hadnt been on our regular basis, and when we were it wasnt posting our norm. Some of us actually were depressed with good reason. But we did get our heads out of our asses and now the sun is out again....

Squirley: Yeah, I know, I blame hormones for that post. lmao!

Quote: OH bring on the pool game!!! I'd rather lie down on the table and let a guy shot his balls in my pocket!!!

ROFL.... That is the best quote ever!!! lmao

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast