+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I really messed up!

I think I really messed up!

OK I was seeing this guy a while ago, and he broke things off, cuz he said there was things going on in his life, and he couldn't deal with me right now, or something like that. Anyway he calls me on Thursday, and starts saying how sorry he was, and I believed him. So went to see him Friday, and we ended up sleeping together. We didn't use any protection, and I'm scared that I might be pregnant. I called him to day, and he said that I was being to clingy. After he said that I didn't want to say anything about being pregnant. What should I do
    I won't hate myself to be loved by you

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What makes you think you are pregnant? It's only been a week.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

wouldn't the having unprotected sex be a pointer? that'd freak me out, too! hmm.. wiki says home pregnancy tests are only accurate about three weeks after the actual intercourse. You slept with him friday night.. hey! there are emergency contraceptive pills for up to three days after. If you're really freaking out, get one of those quick.
    I actually have a spare with me in case I ever mess up.
    I should add that it is no substitute for using condoms and being on the pill, but I don't think you need the lecture.

It'll be OK. I promise.

Ok, so sleeping with him probably wasn't the smartest thing, but I'm sure you realize that. Chances are, you're not pregnant so try not to stress - excessive strain can make periods late. I would say, don't call him until you know for sure and even then, would you want someone like this potentially being a father to your kid?
    I wouldn't want him around.
    Take in all the support you have from freinds, family, and maybe see a counselor. I hope your not pregnant and that you can learn from the situation. Move on to bigger and better things cuz good guys are out there. Good luck sweetie.
    Stacy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    wouldn't the having unprotected sex be a pointer? .
    People who have unprotected sex in a non-exclusive relationship are generally the sort who don't think about the potential consequences until they have missed a period.
    Last edited by vashti; 19-08-07 at 02:07 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    People who have unprotected sex in a non-exclusive relationship are generally the sort who don't think about the potential consequences until they have missed a period.
    That's a little too judgmental, methinks. She was emotional and made a mistake, and it's not like it was a random one-night stand.

To the OP: Wait until you miss your period. Stop freaking out...yeah, it was a mistake, but if it was one time, chances are still fairly low.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    That's a little too judgmental, methinks. She was emotional and made a mistake, and it's not like it was a random one-night stand.
    While I suppose it could be interpreted as "judgemental", I did say *generally*, and I said it based on my experiences working with the nurses in the college health clinic. Anyway, I meant no offense.

OP - there are early detection pregnancy kits. If you are worried, go buy one and put your mind at ease. Also, you should consider carrying condoms in your purse. As for the morning-after pills, they are good for only a couple of days... I assumed you meant *last* Friday, in which case it would do you no good.
    Last edited by vashti; 19-08-07 at 10:41 PM.

i doubt you are pregnant. do u know how hard it is to get pregnant? i know u must hear left and right about how teens and people on maury povich show get pregnant just by staring at a guy... but seriously, having ONE unprotected sex--the chances are not too high... unless you were ovulating. and what i mean by ovulating is, how far are you away from the last time you had your period?

technically speaking, they say that you can even get pregnant if the guy didn't even penetrate you, but his sperm was all over your outer area. but i'm sure the chances there are even MORE INFINITISMAL.

in any case, you could go to see if your doctor for that morning after pill because it works within 72 hours (3 days.) and since you had your sex on friday night, it's only sunday, so hurry up and go to an emergency dept or an open clinic!

Quote Originally Posted by FallingHeart View Post
    Ok, so sleeping with him probably wasn't the smartest thing, but I'm sure you realize that. Chances are, you're not pregnant so try not to stress - excessive strain can make periods late. I would say, don't call him until you know for sure and even then, would you want someone like this potentially being a father to your kid?
    I wouldn't want him around.
    +1
    Whatever the case, you shouldn't call him, and don't ever sleep with him again. He doesn't deserve your treats.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    +1
    Whatever the case, you shouldn't call him, and don't ever sleep with him again. He doesn't deserve your treats.
    Who doesn't deserve something that's so freely given away?